Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Error entering 529 plan contribution: Cannot record transfer. You do not have a position...

Full error: Cannot record transfer. You do not have a position in the destination account.

I found some old threads about this, but nothing relevant to a 529 plan. I can't figure out how to create a security. I assume that's what is happening?

Thanks.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect you have setup the 529 Plan account as a single mutual fund account.  If so, the contribution to the account should be entered as a BoughtX action transaction in the 529 Plan account: open the 529 plan account and select Enter Transaction
  • Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I ended up doing that and creating a security with the name of the investment portfolio. It would be nice if T. Rowe Price played nice with Quicken.

If a single mutual fund account was incorrect, what should I use?

Thanks.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I ended up doing that and creating a security with the name of the investment portfolio. It would be nice if T. Rowe Price played nice with Quicken.

If a single mutual fund account was incorrect, what should I use?

Thanks.
    Choosing to use a single mutual fund account is only incorrect if want to track more than the one mutual fund in the account.  Otherwise, choosing to use a single mutual fund account is only artificially limiting - like training wheels.
  • Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Well, these portfolios don't even have ticket symbols. I think I've got it now. I did the buy transaction and then I can match the transfer in my checking account.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.