Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I can not connect to my new USAA Loan. Old loan was just fine

I closed one loan with USAA and now have a new loan and number. I keep getting errors each time I try to add the new account or Quicken simply wants to connect to the old account. Either I get a message that Quicken's server is down or the bank site is down. The latter is not true.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Secondary issue. I cleared out the cloud hoping it would clear out old accounts it was trying to connect with. Now, Quicken will not re-establish a cloud account.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello John F. Pollinger,

Thank you for bringing these issues to the community, although I do apologize that you have not yet received a response.

USAA requires Direct Connect, so that may be the cause of the Server Communication Error that you are receiving. Please review https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7611364/faq-help-for-adding-and-updating-usaa-accounts to make sure that you are connecting to USAA the proper way. Be sure to deactivate the old loan account so that it is no longer linked to the Financial Institution, before adding the new account.

Steps for deactivating an Account in Quicken for Mac:

1. Click on the account name in the bar down the side of Quicken Mac
    2. Click the Settings gear icon in the bottom right corner
    3. Click the Troubleshooting button
    4. Click the Deactivate Downloads button
    5. Click Save

Regarding the cloud account issue, here is a Help Guide for you to look through for more information and troubleshooting steps that may resolve the issue: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7842251/quicken-faq-help-guide-and-faqs-for-quicken-mobile.

If the issue(s) persist after completing the troubleshooting steps outlined in the above support articles, I would recommend contacting Support. They have the tools and resources available to better troubleshoot the issue, and they also have the ability to escalate cases when necessary. 

Contact information for Quicken Support can be found here: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Hope this helps!

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie 

• I still have no resolution to the issue. In fact, it's gotten worse. Now, NO syncs to any of my financial accounts. And to the second post, I only included the issue for this reason: When I try to reconcile an account, it first tries and fails to sync with the cloud and the process to get an online update fails. I was just pointing out there is a major issue. Today I spent another hour on the phone with yet another tech support person who finally recognized it has become a major issue and it's NOT ME. All of the previous tech support persons over the last two months told me to contact USAA. It's NOT their issue. I keep getting errors that Quicken servers cannot connect.

This is the error message:

"We can't connect due to a problem with Quicken Connected Services.
    Click the envelope icon to report this error.
    It is important that you report this error so we can diagnose the problem and re-enable transaction download for USAA Federal Savings Bank [11073].
    After reporting the error, try again in a few days.
    If this error persists, contact Quicken Support."

Today, the tech support person finally acknowledged it's not USAA. He has now told me to call tomorrow and I am being kicked up to T-2 support.

This has been going on since the beginning of June with hours on the phone with various tech people who refused to acknowledge it was not just USAA.

Tonight I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. I have run disk first aid, used previous back up versions, etc., etc, etc.......I'll see what T-2 tech support has to say tomorrow. I thank each of you for your responses.
  • Thank you! Looking forward to going home after work and trying it out. 👍
  • Update: Thank you Sarah for tweaking whatever you tweaked. The program now has a cloud, and now downloads the latest transactions on all accounts. I had to re-authorize a couple of them, but overall it works. USAA still does not work, but I called them and they said to wait for the first transaction to be processed and try again using Direct Connect. They also advised if it still fails to connect to call them back. Hopefully, that won't happen. In any event, thank you all for responding to my issues. I'll do a final update in a few weeks on the failure to connect with USAA.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hi @John F. Pollinger

I'm so glad to hear it and appreciate your taking the time to post back with the update and confirmed resolution :)

If there is anything else the Community or myself may assist with, please let us know.

Thanks again!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.