Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Can't enter Password after Update

After the most recent update R20.15 I can no longer enter my password to import an QFX file stored on my computer. The POPUP Window to enter Email Address and Password appears but before I can enter my Password the window goes blank (all white). Sometimes it flashes all black first then all white. Don't know if its my computer or the UpDate.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you reset the Quicken ID associated with the data file:
    1. Select Edit > Preferences...
    2. Select Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    3. Select Sign in as a different user
    4. Enter yes to sign out
    5. After you sign out, sign back in using the original Quicken ID
  • Ronmac
    Ronmac Member
    Sherlock, I tried your suggestion and now I can't run Quicken at all. It starts to load then asks for password to sign in then the screen goes blank again before I have a chance to login.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken.
  • Ronmac
    Ronmac Member
    Today I called Quicken and talked to one of there techs. He walked me through a complete un-install and qclean. We then re-installed Quicken to the 20.15 version. Still would not allow me to enter my password as above original post statement. He said there must be something in windows that is keeping me from entering my password. I said there must be something wrong in version 20.15 because the older version worked. He told me there wasn't anything wrong with 20.15 that I should contact Microsoft or run the program on another computer. I do not have another computer.

I found a way to fix the problem for the time being. I uninstalled version 20.15.
    I have and older version of Quicken from back in January Version R14.23. I unplugged my network cable and installed the older version. When it completed installing the program it started trying to update but couldn't. I then had task manager shut down the running programs and re-started Quicken Version R14.23. It did not do the Update. It runs with no problems. I was able to import the QFX file with no problem. It let me enter my password just as before. It is running with all of the latest Windows Updates. It would not run on my computer as is with the R20.15 version.

Someone needs to tell Quicken that there is a problem in version 20.15 and to fix it.

Do you know the release date of Version 20.15. The last Microsoft UpDate I did on my computer was July 14. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pak 1
  • dlmccray
    dlmccray Member ✭✭
    Well of course it is our fault. Just because it worked before the update and doesn't afterwards doesn't mean anything. RRIIGGHHTT! Mine now says ""Unable to create opening balance record"
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dlmccray said:
    Well of course it is our fault. Just because it worked before the update and doesn't afterwards doesn't mean anything. RRIIGGHHTT! Mine now says ""Unable to create opening balance record"
    You may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access
  • dlmccray
    dlmccray Member ✭✭
    Sherlock, thanks for the tip but I did that a long time ago. Every update brings more pain for me. I have to fix at least one thing associated with the application. Since I upgraded to 2019 several of my banks, which worked just fine before I was coerced into the upgrade, no longer work.
This discussion has been closed.