Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Constantly Getting CC-510 Errors When Trying to Update Express Web Accounts

I am getting CC-510 errors whenever I try to update my credit card and my student loan accounts (they are two different accounts). My Direct Connect accounts can update just fine. I also do not have access to Quicken Cloud.

I have tried creating a brand new file, and I still get the same errors when I try to add these accounts. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken.

When I try to look at my "Cloud Accounts" under Preferences, it says that it can't connect and to "check my Internet connection", even though it is fine.

Any help would be appreciated. Quicken Support has been next to useless.

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Thomas Borgnis

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize for the negative experiences with Support.

I took the liberty of reviewing our system and the case details from the recent contacts with Support, as well as the "Report a Problem" submission sent in today.

In reviewing the information I see that a response was sent to you via email with instructions and troubleshooting steps to resolve, please let us know how it goes and if the steps provided help to resolve the CC-510 error and inability to view the Cloud Accounts under Preferences.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Thomas Borgnis
    Thomas Borgnis Member ✭✭
    Thank you Sarah. I reviewed the options in the email that I was sent.

* Correct the "Ransomeware Protection" item in Settings > Windows Defender Security Center > Ransomware; this setting for Controlled Folder Access was modified by a recent Windows Update and has affected a few customers who had this item enabled (turned ON).
    * Ensure your Windows User account has full Read + Write access to Local Drive (C:) > ProgramData > Quicken. If the User is restricted from Writing to any of the subfolders in this directory, the token cannot be stored on the local hard drive.
    * Ensure that MalwareBytes, BitDefender, WebRootSecurity, or any other 3rd party anti-malware protection service has been set to allow QW.exe to read/write to the hard drive and connect to the internet.

The second option worked. For some reason the recent Windows update must have changed my permissions to that folder. Thanks.
  • Thomas Borgnis
    Thomas Borgnis Member ✭✭
    I take that back. It is back to not working. I gave full permissions to the Quicken folder in ProgramData.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi @Thomas Borgnis

Thank you for taking the time to post back with the update and additional information, although I apologize that this issue is persisting.

I've sent you a Private Message with a little more information on this situation, please let me know if you do not receive the message.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Thomas Borgnis
    Thomas Borgnis Member ✭✭
    I have a ticket open with the Express Web Connect team (ticket #2661837) as I was told that this is an issue on Quicken's end that needs to be fixed.

Whenever I try to add my checking and savings accounts to Quicken Mobile, I get a CC-501 "Client UID not accepted" error. This has been going on for almost a month now, and I have not heard any status update from anyone.

If I do not hear from someone by the end of the week, I will be requesting a full refund of my 80 dollar subscription and I will be taking my business elsewhere. It is unacceptable that I have been without a prominent feature of this software for almost a month with no resolution in sight.

I am running the latest update for Quicken (R.21.16). I would like someone to tell me the status of this ticket and when I can expect to hear SOMETHING regarding the status. Thank you.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @Thomas Borgnis

I've requested that the Escalation Team contact you directly with an update regarding the status of the escalated case.

You should receive an email within the next 24 to 48 hrs with the update, but please let us know if you do not.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Thomas Borgnis
    Thomas Borgnis Member ✭✭
    Sarah, I received an email from the Escalation Team asking me to do some basic troubleshooting, which I did. I am still receiving the error and I replied to the email letting them know that. However, I have not heard back from them.

Can you please let me know what is going on? Thanks.
  • Thomas Borgnis
    Thomas Borgnis Member ✭✭
    Sarah, I am having that issue again where I think it says I have more than one cloud account, and now my Express Web Connect accounts will not update at all. Can you please fix this for me? Thanks.
  • Thomas Borgnis
    Thomas Borgnis Member ✭✭
    Sarah, I have not heard from the Escalation Team since Tuesday. I am beginning to get extremely angry that Quicken seems to not care about getting this issue fixed for me. I want someone to contact me TODAY with a status update on this issue.
This discussion has been closed.