Why do I now get Error CC-601 when Updating my Citibank Accounts?

Ever since I got updated to the latest Quicken 2019 release, I can no longer sync any of my Citibank accounts. Every time, I get error CC-601. I have tried disconnecting and re-setting up online services, as well as setting up a test quicken account to sync the accounts to, but nothing works. Is this happening to anyone else? Help!
Tagged:

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13
    CC-601 is an undocumented error code.  If you haven't already, I suggest you contact Quicken Support and provide them with the appropriate log files: select Help > Report a problem...
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • alaskowskialaskowski Member ✭✭
    Yes, I've been on the phone with support three times. Trying once again right now. My support cases are as follows:
    I've already uploaded the logs as well. On the last call, I was told that the problem had to be on Citibank's side and I'd have to take it up with them. Of course as expected, Citibank said it had nothing to do with them.
    edited July 31
    Yes, I've been on the phone with support three times. Trying once again right now. My support cases are as follows:
    I've already uploaded the logs as well. On the last call, I was told that the problem had to be on Citibank's side and I'd have to take it up with them. Of course as expected, Citibank said it had nothing to do with them.
    Quicken Support should know better.  Until the issue, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method.is resolved
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
    I have been doing just that to get by. Unfortunately, doing so always downloads transaction duplicates, making transaction reconciliation rather difficult and prone to errors.
    I have been doing just that to get by. Unfortunately, doing so always downloads transaction duplicates, making transaction reconciliation rather difficult and prone to errors.
    If subsequent Web Connect imports are producing duplicate downloaded transactions, there is an issue with the QFX file Citibank is generating.  If you haven't already, you should report the issue to Citibank.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @alaskowski

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the Community, although I apologize for the negative experiences with Support.

I took the liberty of reviewing your account and see that a case was escalated to our internal Express Web Connect team to resolve the internal error that is causing the CC-601 error.

The status of the escalation is still open and in-progress, but once an update and/or resolution is available the Express Web Connect team will be in contact.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are any further questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Thanks for the follow-up and feedback Sarah.
    I received an email from Quicken support stating that the engineering script team has resolved the issue. I am sorry to report that there is still an issue. When I launched Quicken 2019 Build 27.1.20.15 and attempted to update my Citibank Checking and Savings accounts, they failed, this time with the error CC-800 instead of the prior CC-601. So, I then deactivated online services for all of my Citibank accounts. These include:

Citibank Checking
    Citibank Savings
    Citibank Credit Card
    Two Citibank Investment accounts

Then I ran a validation of my quicken data and started reactivating online services in the following order:

Citibank Credit Card via Citi Cards, which was successful with Direct Connect and downloaded all transactions.
    Citibank Investment accounts via Citi Personal Wealth Management, which was also successful with Direct Connect and downloaded all transactions.
    Citibank Checking and Savings accounts via Citibank, which was successful in linking via Express Web Connect, but did not download any transactions.

Any further attempts in updating the Citibank Checking or Savings accounts wound once again fail with a CC-601 error code.

I next attempted to create a new empty Quicken test file and add my Citibank Checking and Savings accounts to it. The first attempt failed, but the second attempt was successful at linking via Express Web Connect, but again downloaded no data and any subsequent attempts to update also failed with error code CC-601.

Please let your engineering team know my findings and results. If you like, I’d be happy to schedule some time to work with one of your engineers directly to review the issue/perform tests/etc. if it’ll help them resolve the issue. Please advise. Thanks.
    I also just uploaded all my log files to the attention of Sarah.
    Hello @alaskowski

I'm sorry to hear the error is persisting and thank you for letting us know.  I reviewed the newly uploaded log files and can see that the same internal error is persisting.

You should have received an email confirmation when the escalation was closed as resolved.  Please reply to that email to let the escalation team know that the error is  still occurring so the case may be re-escalated.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

I sent the same detailed writeup I posted above as a reply to the email confirmation I received. So far, I have received no response.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R21.16 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.4

Vote:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20022841#Comment_20022841

Voted.
    Hi Sarah,

I sent the same detailed writeup I posted above as a reply to the email confirmation I received. So far, I have received no response.
    Hi @alaskowski

Thank you for that additional information, although I apologize that you have not received a response to the email.

I've reached out to the escalation team on your behalf and advised the error is still occurring and requested that the case be reopened. 

Please allow up to 48 hrs for the escalation team to receive the escalation request, if any additional information and/or updated log files are needed, the team will be in further contact.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if you have not received a response and/or resolution after 48 hours.

Thank you,

Sarah
    OK, thanks. I will keep an eye out for a response.
    Hi Sarah,

Its been a bit over 48 hours and, sadly, I have not received any response and the issue still exists. Please advise. Thanks!