Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Why do I now get Error CC-601 when Updating my Citibank Accounts?

Comments

• dpddpd Member ✭✭
    I have been having the same "recurring" CC-601 problem as several have described above.
    Quicken, at first, said it was a Citi security protocol change ..... so I had to do the "deactivate/reactivate" dance. ( as a Quicken user since the early 1990's, Citi leads the list of accounts that require "deactivate/reactivate") That worked for a few days; Quicken next told me that my file needed to be validated & then do the deactivate/activate. That worked for two days before the CC-601 hit again! Today Citi, at first, told me that they are no longer working with Quicken as it's not a secure environment anymore since leaving Intuit; after much protest (been with Citi since 1981), they asked for time to research further. They called back within a hour and said the problem was "Express web connect" --- they will not support it and suggest that I use the standard web connect.

Also, the Citi "Tech" people I spoke with were not at all familiar with the process described on their website that supposedly allows access for third party APPs?

Wish Quicken and Citi would get together and fix this.
    Very frustrating when Citi blames Quicken and Quicken blames Citi
  • proflawproflaw Member ✭✭
    Trying to update from within the citibank account does not solve the problem for me. It worked yesterday, but then stopped again today.
  • jl747jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Have you tried the possible that was posted.
    Open the one of your Citibank registers then click on the 'Gear" that has the arrow. Then click it and then click on Update Now.
    If you did or have not tried please try it.
    Reply back what happened.
    If it worked and comes back please post back here.
    Also include Quicken Version and Windows OS

Quicken Windows Deluxe (Subscription)
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
  • dpddpd Member ✭✭
    @jl747
    Yes, I have tried the "Gear" update many times --- sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Today when I tried a normal update, I got a OL-254B error message that says the update was "cancelled at my request" for the Citibank accounts (3 cr cds, two savings and one checking).

I then tried the "gear update" and it worked; why I do not know?! I have accounts with 8 other banks = no problems; all update via standard one-step update.

Windows 10 Home Version 1903 (7/28/19) ; Q version is R22.12; Q 27.1.22.12
  • 718352860718352860 Member
    Citibank download was working for a short period and is acting up again.
    I am now getting cc-601, cc-800 and cc-891. I have reset my account numerous times and I reset deactivated and reactivated my account and then had to manually edit each download other wise I would be bouncing checks.
    What is going on withh Quicken and Citibank, this is really becoming a major issue with Quicken and getting no real updates on what is happening
    See this post
    Try this
    Open the one of your Citibank registers then click on the 'Gear" that has the arrow. Then click it and then click on Update Now.
    For CC-800
    For CC-891
    Also reply back with the results and what version of Quicken and OS.

Windows 10 Pro 1903
    Please note that this error showed up again for me too.
    If you haven't you should also report this error to Support @ https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
    Reply back with here with their response.Thanks

Windows 10 Pro 1903
    Please note that this error showed up again for me too.
    If any of you haven't you should also report this error to Support @ https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
    Using the Gear Update now has downloaded my current transactions.
    Reply back with here with their response.Thanks

Windows 10 Pro 1903
    Using the gear update from inside the citibank account is not working. Still get cc-601 error.
    You do not say which version of Quicken you are using.
    If you are on the Subscription try applying the Mondo patch update. Make sure Quicken is closed when applying patch.
    This is for the Subscription only.
    After it is applied run your OSU and or use the Gear.
    Reply back with results.

Windows 10 Pro 1903
  • mitchs11mitchs11 Member ✭✭
    Since yesterday I have been unable to download transactions from Citibank. I'm getting error message CC-601. Please help!
  • mitchs11mitchs11 Member ✭✭
    I'm using Quicken Windows Subscription version. I applied the patch, no change.
  • Dan2424Dan2424 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I also have been getting the CC-601 error with my Citibank accounts for a few weeks. Quicken support told me to deactivate, do a super validate, and then reactivate. That did not work. They then told me it was a problem they had not seen before and to contact Citibank (surprising given the number of posts a quick Google search shows on the topic, including here).

Citibank told me that they no longer support Quicken. I recontacted Quicken, and sent them all the logs, etc. They said they would escalate the problem and that I would hear back from them. That has been about a week, and I haven't heard anything.

I don't know what to do next. It looks like I will need to either drop Quicken or drop Citibank since they can't work together. Has anyone successfully migrated from Quicken to another product? [removed - off topic]
    edited October 2019

I do know Moneydance only downloads work like Quicken Quick Connect. If you have a Citi checking I do believe that Web Connect not Quick Connect. You can import from Institutions using the QFX import.
    But that said, they do not have the same bells and whistles as Quicken. If do tax export to TurboTax they do can not do it.You will have to run both programs at the same time for at least and no less than a month to make sure it works.
    Importing into Moneydance can not be pretty. You can run into lots of work to get to match Quicken. As for Investment accounts and especially if you have a lot of holdings that will and be time consuming. In other words there is a huge learning curve.
    As I noted above I used the Gear Update now has downloaded my current transactions. Have not tried today. But If needed I will know tomorrow.
    Also note that Mint and Quicken are not owned by the same company.

Windows 10 Pro 1903
    Thank you jl747 for the reply. I've tried the "Gear Update" method many times, and it doesn't work for me. On one occasion it downloaded new transactions into one of the accounts but still gave me the "no transactions for 12 years" error message. Given the number of users who have inconsistent results with the "Gear Update" method, maybe Quicken has an error in their coding and reports the "no transactions for 12 years" error message when it really is finding no new transactions on some of the accounts?
  • 718352860718352860 Member
    It's funny, they keep telling us to try the same thing over and over again.
    Before I contact for any assistance I normally try and reset all my citi accounts. I go as far as logging into citi via the web and let external apps access my account. I have done this multiple time. If Quicken can't resolve this and I am force to do a citibank extract everytime, then I don't need to subscribe to Quicken and will be back to my 2016 edition that I don't need to pay each year
    edited October 2019
    One Step Update worked for my Citibank accounts this morning. I don't know if Quicken support fixed something (they did not notify me if they did EDIT: see below post - Quicken emailed to say they fixed the problem), or if Citibank fixed something, or if I fixed something.

In case what I did fixed the problem, here is what I did: I found another similar thread about the same problem with downloads from another financial institution. That thread reported a repair by disabling the bill pay feature associated with the financial institution.

I remembered that many years ago I enabled a feature in an earlier version of Quicken that allowed online bill payment through synchronization with Citibank. Now that Citibank doesn't support Quicken, it seemed that may be causing a problem. I went to "Bills" -> "Go to Bills" and had a very strange screen display, with part of the screen freezing and overlapping windows. Quicken crashed after that, and sent an error report. I restarted Quicken, went to the same window via "Bills" -> "Go to Bills" and had the same screen errors with overlapping windows, clearly a repeatable error. This time, I clicked on the gear icon, and selected "Combine Bills, Income and Transfer". I also deleted all of the linked online bills (the ones that downloaded the amounts due). After all this, I went to the Online Center ("Tools" -> "Online Center" and did an "update/send" using Citibank from the dropdown. It worked. After that, the One Step Update worked fine.

Of course, I'm not sure if any of this fixed the problem, or if it did, which step fixed the problem. But it's better than the reboot, deactivate, super validate, reactivate dance that didn't do anything. And, guessing from the read/write sounds coming from my hard drive when I did the "Combine Bills, Income and Transfer" step, along with resolving the split screen errors and not crashing, makes me think that something was wrong with the online bill pay setup and that the "Combine Bills, Income and Transfer" step was mostly likely what fixed the problem.

If this is the solution and it keeps working, it kind of makes sense to me now. If Citibank and Quicken are not playing nice with each other, the Citibank online bill payment synchronization of earlier versions of Quicken is not likely to work, and could be creating a problem.
    Thanks for your possible solution.
    I do not use any Bill Payment through Quicken.
    I just ran OSU and no error this time.
    I will run another one after the market closes.
    We will see what happens then and tomorrow.
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
    @jl747

I just received an email from Quicken saying:

"Your Quicken Online Banking case was escalated because you were receiving errors with your Express Web Connect (Quicken Windows) or Quicken Connect (Quicken Mac) online activated account(s) at Citicards. This error has been resolved by our service provider's Scripts Operations engineers. Please attempt to update your accounts in Quicken as normal."

Hopefully that will resolve the Citibank errors you were experiencing as well. Thank you for your help and suggestions!
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

If a CC-601, CC-501/101 error code is received, please follow the steps available here

If the update continues to fail with a CC-601/501/101 error, I would recommend contacting Quicken Support for assistance with some advanced troubleshooting steps which should include a review of your log files and/or escalation to our service providers to fully resolve.

I hope this information is helpful and thank you again for reporting this error to the Community.

Thank you,

Sarah
    I followed those steps, but no luck. I went to chat support and they had me deactivate and reactivate the account and it worked for one day. Today it no longer works.
    Sorry, I should have added that it's still the cc-601 error
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hi @proflaw

I'm sorry to hear that the CC-601 error has returned after following the troubleshooting steps provided by Support.

Since this error is persisting, it indicates that there may be an error in the internal aggregation script when Quicken connects to request your account information.

To resolve this internal error, we will need to open an escalation with our Service Providers to review and correct the html scripting.

If you haven't already, please contact Quicken Support once more, reference the previous case number "7078377" and https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-601.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know how it goes with Support.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • dpddpd Member ✭✭
    Citibank download worked for my 6 accounts for three straight days (a recent record!) UNTIL today; got the same old CC-601.
    Rather than the deactivating/reactivating dance, I tried the "gear" solution =no luck!
    SO, I tried the following ; backed up my files, shut down Quicken, reopened Quicken and tried the "gear" solution to update Citi = it worked this time --- why, I do not know?

Either Citi has lost interest in the retail trade or the new Quicken owners are losing interest in solving this type of problem. I've been to Q "support" more times than I would like to admit --- difficult to believe that Q and Citi cannot come up with a permanent solution!
    Here is what I started to do.
    Note: I have two Financial Institutions that are Direct Connect and Citibank with two account that use Express Web Connect (EWC)
    When you do an Update try this.
    Click on Update for OSU - put in your password - do NOT do the Update yet - click on settings - uncheck your Citibank accounts - rune your OSU for those that are left
    Now when that is finished do what you need to do for the transactions that where downloaded - when finished open a Citibank account and click on the Gear and do the Update Now.
    After you do this the check marks for Citibank should not repopulate the next time you run OSU. You just have do the Citi update separately.
    So far I have not had any errors. Knock on wood. hope this helps for now.
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
  • tommystommys Member
    Thank you for the idea- it worked!!!!
    Glad it worked for you.

Windows 10 Pro 1903
    It's not working again, despite the email from Quicken support saying they fixed the problem. After a few days of the Citibank download working, I am now getting a CC-502 error. I've tried the tricks of using the "gear" method, using the "update/send" method, using the "only select Citibank" method and all the other suggestions (thank you everyone for the suggestions).

Does it feel to anyone else that we are back in the day of calling AOL tech support and their answer is to turn the PC off and restart?

I think more likely it is some sort of an intermittent error where the third-party programmers hired by Quicken did not anticipate a certain Citibank response and did not build that into their script. All the fixes being suggested by users probably don't do anything - it just happens to work sometimes, other times it doesn't.

I agree with @dpd comment that "Citi has lost interest in the retail trade or the new Quicken owners are losing interest in solving this type of problem" I too have been to Q "support" more times than I would like to admit.
    edited October 2019
    Try again the Update Now. For all we know Citi might be doing something to their system this weekend.

Refresh your online account information

1. Open the transaction register for the account with the error message
    2. Click the Actions Gear Icon on the upper right of the register, and select Update Now 

Error When Using Online Services CC-501 CC-898 or Its not your fault

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update
    4. Repeat these steps for each account with this error
    I just ran the Update Now for my Citi Checking & Credit Card accounts I did not get any errors.
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
    Thanks @jl747. I tried again, and still am getting the CC-502 error.
This discussion has been closed.