Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Why do I now get Error CC-601 when Updating my Citibank Accounts?

Comments

• proflawproflaw Member ✭✭
    I've had luck if you try to update from the gear right after opening quicken and before trying a one-step update that will generate a cc-601 or cc-502 error. We'll see how long that lasts.
  • proflawproflaw Member ✭✭
    I escalated the cc--601 and cc-502 errors with quicken support and got solutions that only worked for a couple of days. The last approach to work was to use the gear update for citibank before doing a one-step update, and later doing a one -step update excluding citibank. This two-step update approach has now failed. Today's error message is "Unable to update your (citibank) account. It may be because your account was closed or its nickname changed." Then the message invites you to fix it by updating your account. The account updates correctly, but an attempt to download transactions results in the same error message.
  • Dan2424Dan2424 Member ✭✭
    Quicken emailed me to say they fixed the problem, but it still doesn't work. Now I get an error, but now there are no error codes at all - it simply says "Needs you attention", "Citibank" and my user name. The old tricks mentioned above don't work. I'll report it again.
    Thank you for the suggestion jl747. I'm still getting the CC-502 error, and I've reported it 4 times to Quicken. Your idea of looking at the connection log is interesting, but in my case it shows the connection was successful and found the balances on at least one of my accounts. The connection string shows:

<string>call successful</string>

so I don't think the problem is in the connection. I saw a patch released tonight, and was hoping that might fix things, but it did not.

In looking through other threads, it looks like lots of users are having Citibank, Chase and Wells Fargo problems with Quicken. Several users point out the lack of a product with the functionality of Quicken, and feel stuck with Quicken. Maybe Google will see the need and create a Google Finances, stealing the features of Quicken and copy like they did with Excel and Word.
  • jl747jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What type of Citibank accounts are you connecting to. Such as Citibank Checking, Citibank Double Cash or something like Citibank Costco. Also when logging in at Citibank web site are you access all your accounts under one log in and password.

Quicken Windows Deluxe (Subscription)
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
    @jl747

Thank you jl747. Your tip about looking at the OFXLOG helped me solve the problem. In looking at the OFXLOG, I saw all but one of our Citi accounts showing the correct balance in the log. I deactivated that particular account, and the One Step Update worked. I have absolutely no idea why Quicken didn't like that one particular account (a credit card account) when Quicken liked the other accounts, including other credit card accounts. And, that account has worked properly for years, so it is not a new account. Before deactivating, I tried to do a "reset account" on that particular account, and it failed. So I deactivated it, and the other accounts are now working. I'm happy to have all of the other Citibank accounts working, and I don't mind having to do that one particular account manually from the Citibank website.

I greatly appreciate all of your help jl747. The OFXLOG is very useful to try to debug what is going on. Looking at that log narrowed the problem down for me. Thank you
    edited October 2019
    Glad you got it to work.
    But, the one that does not work properly is it an account that was issued by someone other than Citi but uses Citi as its credit card issuer.
    Such as AA or Costco. Do they use the same id & password as the others? I ask this because the may access Citi in a different manner. They may have different BID ID numbers. Example is in my post of the error message status above. It shows a BID 2102. Some have something like 04894    Citi Cards - 05454    Citi Gold AAdvantage World MC - 25800    Costco Credit Card
    You can find this info in the fidir.tx which is located at C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Banklist\2019 (on my computer) Do NOT modify it.
    Just curious and it may help to explain why the error.

Windows 10 Pro 1903
    Thank you jl747. The account with the error is a regular Citibank credit card, and access is via the usual Citibank sign on with the same name and user ID. The other regular Citibank credit cards are working fine,so I have no idea what the difference might be. I'll try again in a few weeks - maybe Quicken or Citibank will have an update that makes it work, but for now, I'm content with having only one account that needs to be manually downloaded.
    @Dan2424 Sounds good.
    FYI there is a new update R22.17. To see if you can get it and If you have not received it yet try updating via Help (I believe it is a Staged Release) -  Check for updates. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7862063/information-post-installing-product-updates-for-quicken-for-windows/p1?new=1
    Just make sure you back up your data file before you update Quicken.

Windows 10 Pro 1903
    It worked for a few days, but I'm back to the CC-502 errors again. Ugh. None of the usual tricks work. I've sent the error to Quicken many times. No luck.
    Sorry to hear about this.
    You should contact Support @ https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support or again or if you haven't. So far I have not had an issue. I do the Citibank Update first using the Gear - Update Now - then I do the OSU.
    You still have not mentioned which Citibank Credit Card account is giving you the error. Maybe if you mention which one someone might be able to direct you to solution. If there is one. Maybe @Quicken_Sarah will chime in again.

Windows 10 Pro 1903
    edited October 2019
    Thanks jl747. The credit card that I thought was causing a problem is called a Citi® / AAdvantage® Gold World EliteTM Mastercard® by Citibank, but I have deactivated that account in Quicken. I think Citibank issued it to replace a Citi Visa they used to have. But now I am having problems with all the accounts.
    edited October 2019
    And Quicken support isn't any help. Despite escalating it last time, they are back to the "deactivate, super-validate, reactivate" dance. I’ll go through that process yet again when I have some time. It is a very frustrating process to have to go through that again and again. It takes a lot of time. It really feels like Quicken is telling me to reboot and hope for the best. I wish there was another product that I could use instead of Quicken. This is way too time consuming and frustrating. We use Quicken to save time, not because we have hours to try to fix Quicken's technical problems. We just want a product that works.
    edited October 2019
    @Dan2424 Sorry to hear your still having a problem.
    I did get the CC-502 yesterday and all I had to do is rerun the download right after the error popped up.
    After backing up your data file try this.
    Go to Add Account - pick Credit Cards - in the list look for Citi Cards (not Citibank) and enter you ID & password. It may or may not find one or all of your cards but if it does just tell it to Link it to the one you are having a problem with.
    This is all a trial and error process. It is a just a suggestion.
    There is one more option to try. Log in to your account on line and download the QIF and have it import any outstanding transactions.
    Like I said this is a trial and error. No guarantees. I am just a user like you.
    Were there any other errors?

Windows 10 Pro 1903
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Dan2424

Thank you for taking the time to report the CC-502 error to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

If you haven't already, please review the updated Alert information available here, I would recommend also "bookmarking" the Alert to be automatically notified once updates and/or a resolution is available.

I hope this information is helpful and thank you again for reporting this error.

Sarah
    Thank you Sarah. I spent a couple of hours on chat with Quicken support, and they had me try deactivating, super validating, reactivating. That didn't work. Then they had me send screen shots and logs. Nothing worked there. They finally said it was a problem with Citibank and to call Citibank. I called Citibank and they said they no longer support Quicken. I told the Quicken help agent that they said that, and the response from Quicken was "If they have decided they will no longer work with Quicken, there’s nothing we can do about it"

I'm hoping that somehow someone will get things fixed. I will try again in a few days.
  • 011ver011ver Member ✭✭
    I was going to add a "me too" to the problem reports with Citibank accounts (checking, saving AND credit cards), but I see that there is a post among "Top FAQs and Issues": https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7862363/new-10-25-19-cc-502-102-or-cc-503-102-errors-received-with-multiple-financial-institution. "We are working with our Service Providers to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and recommend allowing up to 48 hrs before attempting to add/update accounts again."
    I'm still getting the CC-502 error. It's been way longer than 48 hours. Reported it again to Quicken. Doesn't seem to help. Maybe they will fix it in an update?
  • 011ver011ver Member ✭✭
    Same here. The fix for credit unions did not affect the Citibank problem.
    If I did not mention in any other previous posts this is what I do.
    (This is just for the first time - Open your OSU settings and remove the check marks on the problem institutions. Make sure you apply the change. After you make the change go ahead and run OSU. Now close Quicken and reopen it.)
    From this point on each day I do this - Before I run OSU I do the following. Open one of the registers that has the problem and then go to the Gear just above the right side (Balance column) click and do the Update Now. After you run this option then run OSU.

See if this works. It may or may not work. Sometimes I get the error sometimes not. If I do I just rerun the Update Now. Hopefully they will find a fix for this soon.
    Hope this helps.
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
    Thank you jl747. I've tried that many times, and once in a blue moon it works, but most of the time it doesn't. I've reported it many times. Hopefully they will find a fix for this soon.
    edited December 2019
    Well, it's now December, and Quicken still hasn't fixed the problem. I use the "try again" method and only update the Citibank accounts (all my other accounts update correctly in one step). I've tried all the other methods, and the "try again" method seems to work about 1 in 10 times. I've also used the "reset account" and "deactivate then reactivate" methods a few times when I really need to update. It's unfortunate that Quicken can't solve this problem. Even if it only impacts some customers now, I'm sure that other customers and other banks will have similar problems in the future (Removed-Speculation)
    Well, since my Citibank accounts where really new I decided that I would not use them any more for various other reasons.
    So for that last few weeks I have not had to use either the checking or credit accounts. Thus I do have to worry about this problem any more.
    Just to make it clear the Quicken problem was a factor in this decision. As I do believe that they will figure out what the problem is and thus apply a fix. Hopefully real soon.

Windows 10 Pro 1903
  • 011ver011ver Member ✭✭
    Same situation as @Dan2424 and since year-end is near, the obvious solution for me will be to switch to one of Quicken's competitors. Citi is my main bank for checking, savings and active credit cards (with a couple of notable exceptions) so I don't plan to drop them.Quicken's another story.
    It is clear something has changed - the behavior has varied slightly as to whether matches are recognized properly. Generally, even if there is a download, matches are NOT recognized. If there's no improvement by December 30, I'm off to a different program. I can't believe Quicken has been so unresponsive.
  • 011ver011ver Member ✭✭
    Well, there's a slight improvement: Now, when I do a general update, Quicken reports errors with the Citibank accounts (checking, saving and credit card) but invites me to click an "update now" button in the error box, and the update goes through. Not ideal, but the kludge is working at the moment.
    I am still getting the CC-502 error, and sometimes see the improvement that 011ver noted, but I've pretty much given up any hope that Quicken will fix the problem. I have resorted to doing downloads by hand and importing the data. I guess that is the best we will have until a competitor offers a product that can replace Quicken.

Last night I again tried the lengthy process of deactivating and then reactivating my accounts, but still get the error. I've used Quicken for about 20 years, maybe more, and it used to be a great product. Unfortunately, ever since Intuit sold the product, it has been more effort than benefit to use Quicken.

Oddly, I received an unsolicited email from Quicken inviting me to contact them for help. They even gave me a special number to call:

"On Thursday, January 2, 2020, 06:47:46 AM PST, Quicken Customer Support <[email protected]> wrote:
    Hello, You recently indicated that you were dissatisfied with your Quicken experience and we would love the opportunity to turn that around. If you’d like to schedule a time for us to go over any concerns, issues, or questions please select an open appointment using the following URL (https://quickencarefollowup.youcanbook.me/). Alternatively, if you would like to speak with someone immediately, please give us a call at 888-415-7170 we are open Monday through Friday between 5 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT and we’ will be happy to help!"

Unfortunately, that was another waste of time. I called the number they gave me, and after about 5 minutes of listening to their music on hold, a representative "Josh" answered but could not hear me (I was calling on a hardwired landline, so unlikely to be a problem on my end). I guess I could have called back and tried again, but at this point I have become so frustrated with Quicken that my expectations of their customer service are very low. Guess they have problems with their technical support process as well!
  • Ron SRon S Member ✭✭
    I am receiving a CC-601 error wheb trying to connect with my CITI bank account. I tried resetting the account but it does not resolvr the problem.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.