Replacement credit card issued - can't import transactions

So frustrated ...
Have an existing credit card account. Card was compromised so new number issued. Existing (OLD) account shows NO configuration under Online Services.
1) When I open the .qfx file from the NEW card the OLD card is not offered as a link.
2) When I let it create a new account, it creates a US$ account - I want it C$ - so I deleted it.
3) When I try setup online services against the OLD account, going through the steps creates a NEW account entry. When I try load the .qfx file into this NEW account, it is not offered as a link.

This all used to work in Quicken 2016 ...

Answers

• nschlossnschloss Member ✭✭
    Forgot to mention - using version Quicken 2019 R16.22 27.1.16.22 Canada
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not clear why you are using QFX file to load as opposed to using One Step Update. You only need to deactivate the account, then reactivate and Quicken should find the new account with your existing account.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
    This is driving me bonkers! I'm using a QFX file because "One Step Update is not available."
    Anyway, I successfully recreated a new account for my replaced credit card and confirmed it had the proper C$ currency set. Now, after using the account and processing some QFX files, it has flipped to US$ ! What might be happening to cause this and how do I prevent it from happening in the future?
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most credit card companies (the larger ones) offer some form of connection with Quicken, be it express web connect or preferred, Direct Connect. Who is the CC company?
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GeoffG , IIRC, Direct Connect isn't available in Canada.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
    The issue isn't so much Direct Connect vs. QFX (though Direct Connect would be nice), it's why does the account keep flipping to US$ when setup as C$?