Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

REMINDER CANNOT BE EDITED OR DELETED

A reminder showed up on my Windows Quicken. I don't recall creating it. It may be been created when I entered a transaction for a specific Payee because the amount is the same and payee is the same. I cannot edit or delete it. It is now showing up past due. I deleted the original transaction but this had no affect on the reminder. All of the buttons Skip all overdue, Edit, Show History do not function. I tried to edit it under Manage Reminders same results.

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• dempseys3
    dempseys3 Member ✭✭
    I've experienced exactly the same thing with the added bonus that when I can delete the reminder, all transactions entered because of that reminder are also deleted. I've had to download my credit union statements multiple times because of this bug. The reminder still appears ***even though I have deleted it multiple times*** after I close Quicken then re-open it.

THIS IS A VERY BAD BUG!!!!

Not only that, my credit union says Quicken makes their software, and the downloads frequently do not match the credit union website's labels for charges!!! Wow!!!

I literally "upgraded" my Quicken 2017 because of that (and the bug that locks files on Dropbox or other cloud backup) and you still haven't fixed it!!!
  • dempseys3
    dempseys3 Member ✭✭
    Oh yes, and this is on Windows 2010, latest updates installed, multiple reboots to do that...
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your Quicken data file stored in a Dropbox folder?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.