Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to remove a pending online recurring payment from one step update?

I created a couple repeating on-line payments by mistake three weeks ago. I never submitted these to my bank after realizing what I had done. I continued to use one step update but I have to uncheck these everytime I use one step update as it says they cannot be submitted as the date is past due (too old).

How can I remove these pending repeating online payments from my one step update? I have read all the articles I can find and have not seen or found one that addresses this exact problem.

Answers

• condona
    condona Member
    Hi:

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried both already. I figure since the recurring payment was never sent it does not exist in either list. It only shows up when I perform the one step update because it wants to send it but now can't because it's way too late.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you attempted to delete the payments that have not been sent from the Online Center?
  • condona
    condona Member
    Hi:

Unfortunately they do not show up in the Online Center, everything in there says Online Payment Processed. Attached are the details from the One Step Update. The only place they show up is when I click the one step update and there they are ready to be sent. Send them and you get the attached error. Uncheck and dont send and all is fine.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    condona said:
    Hi:

Unfortunately they do not show up in the Online Center, everything in there says Online Payment Processed. Attached are the details from the One Step Update. The only place they show up is when I click the one step update and there they are ready to be sent. Send them and you get the attached error. Uncheck and dont send and all is fine.
    If the repeating online payment is not present in the Bill and Income Reminders window, I suggest you delete the runtime.dat file Quicken maintains within the hidden ProgramData folder for the data file.  
  • condona
    condona Member
    Hi:

Interesting suggestion but this did not work either. I was not sure which file you meant to remove but I removed them both.
    I feel that since I cannot submit them or remove them now it may come down to a manual database edit to remove them. I have never seen instructions on how to do so from Quicken.

Thanks for trying...
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    condona said:
    Hi:

Interesting suggestion but this did not work either. I was not sure which file you meant to remove but I removed them both.
    I feel that since I cannot submit them or remove them now it may come down to a manual database edit to remove them. I have never seen instructions on how to do so from Quicken.

Thanks for trying...
    I was referring to the one in the QDATA folder assuming that is the name of the data file.  A bigger hammer would be to perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken.