Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

After updating to Release R21.12 , after backing up my data I am asked to enter my vault password.

After updating to release R21.12, after backing up my data file I am asked to enter my vault password and it runs a update. It never did this before and I was wondering why it started now and is it necessary. I would prefer to just close without updating again. I'm not sure how to stop it. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have Quicken set to run OSU when started? I just tried it on R21.12 and OSU didn't run after the backup.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭
    I assume OSU is on startup update?
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭
    Not sure where to change that setting.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    From Quicken --> Edit --> Preferences --> Startup -->  Is the box checked to Download transactions when Quicken starts under Startup actions?
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭
    Yes it is checked, but I still get a box that prompts to enter vault password fo update.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    When Quicken makes a backup, your data file is closed then reopened. Try unchecking the box and then exiting.
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭
    That worked great but now it doesn't update on on startup without manually going to one step update.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I was able to reproduce it as well. I'll report the problem to the community Mods. You can just leave it unchecked for now.
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the help.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Bill B

Thank you for taking the time to report this behavior to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I am also able to duplicate this behavior in my copy of Quicken 2019 R21.12 and have opened a ticket with our Development teams to further investigate this issue.

Once a solution is found, it will be sent out as part of a future release, but in the meantime, I would recommend temporarily unchecking the option in the Edit menu > Preferences > Startup area to "Download Transactions when Quicken starts" and manually initiate a One Step Update.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah

[CTP-360]
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭
    Glad to hear that it is not too serious. Thank you for your help and I will be watching for the fix.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill B said:
    Yes it is checked, but I still get a box that prompts to enter vault password fo update.
    Hi @"Bill B" ,

As Sarah, states, there is a Bug there. However, if you uncheck the option to Download transactions when Quicken starts, it works fine.
    You can just click on One Step Update, after opening Quicken up, instead.
    Otherwise, every time you open Quicken up, you get the Enter Vault Password, just to work inside of Quicken.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21359.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.928

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭
    After backing up my data file I am prompted to enter my vault password. It started doing this today. I am running the latest version of Quicken on Windows 10. Why is this happening after not doing it for so long?
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭
    I already downloaded the R21.16 release when it first emerged but this problem just started this morning. How do I know if I have the Mondo Patch?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    From Quicken --> Help --> About Quicken If the Release is 21.16, you have the latest.
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭
    So is there a solution for my problem?
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭
    It is quite inconvenient to have to enter vault password AFTER backing up my data.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Check what Release of Quicken you're using. If it's not R21.16, download/install the R21.16 Mondo patch.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""Bill B" ,

After you back up your data, the tokens are reset, meaning wiped out. so you need to re-enter the Vault Password, when you have the option to run One Step Update, when you start Quicken.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21359.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.928

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

This discussion has been closed.