Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Enter Quicken ID Windows pops up and quicken crashes

I currently have Quicken 27.1.20.15 installed on my Windows 10 machine and i have just ran into an error where Quicken continues to crash. Here's my steps:
- Launch Quicken
- Quicken prompts for One step update password
- at the same time the "Enter Quicken ID" window pops up in the background but shows no text fields - blank window.
- I enter my password in the "One Step Update" window and click OK and Quicken immediately crashes.

I have launched Quicken 10 times in a row to this same result. I cannot get past this screen. PLEASE HELP!!!

Best Answer

• poseiden79
    poseiden79 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I was able to find a workaround...Now press and hold down Ctrl Shift and double click the main Quicken icon on your desktop at the same time, keep Ctrl Shift held down
    It should open to a blank Quicken window with File Help in the top left...
    Clcik on File > New Quicken File
    Name the file test and save it. Then go through the prompts to sign into the program. Dont sync to mobile, then you will get to a page with an icon Add Accounts, click on it and when the next window appears click on Cancel.

From here I was able to File->Open my existing Quicken file and was then able to go to preferences and turn off all functions that would ask for a password when trying to open the program and file.

Back in business.

Answers

• poseiden79
    poseiden79 Member ✭✭
    I have been told to install this patch: https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.21.12MPatch.EXE .. I did and still have the same error and cannot get away from the Enter Quicken ID password box.
  • poseiden79
    poseiden79 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I was able to find a workaround...Now press and hold down Ctrl Shift and double click the main Quicken icon on your desktop at the same time, keep Ctrl Shift held down
    It should open to a blank Quicken window with File Help in the top left...
    Clcik on File > New Quicken File
    Name the file test and save it. Then go through the prompts to sign into the program. Dont sync to mobile, then you will get to a page with an icon Add Accounts, click on it and when the next window appears click on Cancel.

From here I was able to File->Open my existing Quicken file and was then able to go to preferences and turn off all functions that would ask for a password when trying to open the program and file.

Back in business.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you attempt to open the data file while disconnected from the internet.  If you are able to open the data file, reconnect the internet and attempt to reset the Quicken ID associated with the data file:
    1. Select Edit > Preferences...
    2. Select Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    3. Select Sign in as a different user
    4. Enter yes to sign out
    5. After you sign out, sign back in using the original Quicken ID

This discussion has been closed.