Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

How do I void an online payment?

I had someone return a check to me that was sent via Quicken Bill Pay.

I can't remember how I go about voiding this check in my register.

Am I just going to have to record a separate reverse entry then clear both?

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If memory serves, go to the transaction and select Ctrl-V. That should 0.00 the transaction and mark as voided.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
  • Michael RosenMichael Rosen Member ✭✭
    No, that doesn't work and the option is grayed out if I right-click.
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you have the check, can you edit the transaction manually?
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a paper check in your hand, made out to the person or company who gave it back to you ... the money has already been taken out of your checking account, hasn't it?
    In that case, wouldn't the question be: How do you get your money refunded?
    I'd talk to the Bill Pay service provider and/or your bank.
    No, the money has not been withdrawn. I have heard of banks that do that, though. I bank with Capital One.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the money has not been withdrawn. I have heard of banks that do that, though. I bank with Capital One.
    In that case, you're lucky.
    If Quicken won't let you void the Online Bill Pay transaction, I'd just record a manual deposit to Payee Name with Memo "VOID check 1234 returned" or something like that.
    I would still ask the bank if there's anything you need to do since it was an Online Bill Pay transaction and the paper check will never get cashed.
    > @Rocket J Squirrel said:
    > I have seen a situation where Void Transaction(s) is disabled (gray) in the right-click menu, but CTRL-V still works. The key is to go into Quicken Preferences and under Setup, switch to the Quicken Standard keyboard mapping. Then try CTRL-V again to void the transaction. Switch back to Windows Standard keyboard mapping afterwards.

Cool, thanks! I didn't know that was an option.
This discussion has been closed.