Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to identify Scheduled Transaction Error

Running Version R20.15 Everytime I run validate, the data log keeps saying "1 scheduled transactions corrected" How do I identify and fix the culprit?

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you can. The Validate log has always been missing critical information to identify problem items. Whoever wrote this code long, long ago did a lousy job.
    If it really bothers you and you have time to kill, you could (after backing up your data file) delete your scheduled transactions and re-create them.
    If you are really curious and have tons of time to kill, you could delete them one by one and validate after each deletion.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • MJB
    MJB Member ✭✭
    Hi Rocket, Thanks for the response. I've thought about deleting Scheduled Transactions. One question though, What is the definition of a "Scheduled" transaction. Is it Automatic Credit Card, Mortgage, and Utility bill payments? I use "Bills and Income" tab which includes both Manual and Online bills. Help?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    What were formerly called "Scheduled Transactions" are now called "Reminders." I don't use Tabs at all, so I'm winging this (I prefer Classic Menus, which have the same functionality as Tabs but don't take up screen space).
    If you're in the Bills & Income tab, there's a button in the upper right "Manage Manual Bills and Income". That will bring you to the "Bill and Income Reminders" dialog. Go to the "All Bills & Deposits" tab and what you see are the Scheduled Transactions. Hopefully you don't have zillions of them to delete.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
This discussion has been closed.