Why does Quicken download the data from Bofa different from the competitors?

When I synchronize the tool with the bank (Bofa)
this is what Quicken shows: Zelle Transfer Conf
This what Quicken shows with allowing it to "smart modified it" : Zelle Transfer Conf# f6857e657
This is what Quicken's competitors and Bofa shows: : Zelle Transfer Conf# b46729cfa; MELISSA

Another example:
This is waht Quicken shows: Wire TYPE:WIRE In DATE: 190725 T
This is what Quicken's competitors and Bofa shows : WIRE TYPE:WIRE IN DATE: 190725 TIME:0901 PMT DET:EXPENSES P ACHECO AMANDI SORT ENERGY SERVICES LLCSelect to

I can't use the tool like that, on Zelle it must say the Name!! and for the transfer I need to see who transferred the money.

Otherwise I cannot organize, rename or anything like that. I don't have a reference if everything shows as Zelle Transfer Conf, and Quicken's competitors such as [removed] shows the right description..

Is there any hope software' engineers from Quicken can fix this or should I just find another alternative?

Comments

• DennisDennis Member ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what you mean by "synchronize the tool."

Perhaps there was a renaming rule inadvertently created. Check under the Tools menu>Renaming Rules.
  • RailiusRailius Member
    Hi Dennis, I have no renaming rules and by Synchronize the tool I mean, Synch between Quicken and Bofa on all the accounts.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • RailiusRailius Member
    Financial Institution: Bank of America - Quicken
    Connection Method: Express WEb Services
    I suggest you consider switching to using Bank of America-All Other States and the Direct Connect connection method.  
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • RailiusRailius Member
    Already tried after I saw this Connection Method option, however the All-Other States shows an error when I try to connect.. I am now trying importing in manual.. But either way both Web Services and Direct connect download the transactions etc etc, the only thing Direct Connect do extra is teh ability to be abel to pay Bills I think..

Are you sure with Direct Connect the payee names will be the right ones?
    Railius said:
    Already tried after I saw this Connection Method option, however the All-Other States shows an error when I try to connect.. I am now trying importing in manual.. But either way both Web Services and Direct connect download the transactions etc etc, the only thing Direct Connect do extra is teh ability to be abel to pay Bills I think..

Are you sure with Direct Connect the payee names will be the right ones?
    Both Direct Connect and Web Connect connection methods use transaction data directly provided by the financial institution. The Express Web Connect connection method may be truncating transaction data if the Express Web Connect servers are screen scraping the web site: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • RailiusRailius Member
    The only way I managed to get it right was manually importing on Q4 files only.
    I wonder if I synch with Webconnect services and then import the Q4 would it overwrite the data?..

Manually doing each card it's a pain in the ..
    edited August 9
    Railius said:
    The only way I managed to get it right was manually importing on Q4 files only.
    I wonder if I synch with Webconnect services and then import the Q4 would it overwrite the data?..

Manually doing each card it's a pain in the ..
    I would advise not attempting to import both Express Web Connect and Web Connect transactions.  If the Express Web Connect servers are screen scraping the web site, the FITID field of the transactions are unlikely to match those being provided by the financial institution.  You'll see lot's of duplicates.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • RailiusRailius Member
    Well Sherlok, thanks a lot, you were the only one iwth some sense on the subject. I have applied for a refund.
    Doing this manually kills the whole intention of Quicken, and it's too much work specially if other software work properly. Unfortunately for me not all of them have a windows software solution that I can work on it offline like Quicken.
    Hopefully one day it works properly and automatic.
This discussion has been closed.