Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How can I delete the data on the cloud?

Quicken doesn't allow you to delete the cloud data for the open quicken file. The only way I can get into quicken is with an open file. So how can I open quicken without opening the quicken database and still be allowed to delete the dataset on the cloud ?

Best Answer

Answers

• KennyGolub
    KennyGolub Member ✭✭
    thank you
  • KennyGolub
    KennyGolub Member ✭✭
    My bad. This does NOT allow you to delete existing data on the cloud. The delete button remains disabled.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot delete the data set you are currently linked to. You need to create a temporary data file with a dummy account that is sync'd to the cloud using the same Quicken ID, then you can delete.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • KennyGolub
    KennyGolub Member ✭✭
    That did not work either. I created the dummy data file with a dummy account, and was able to delete the one I wanted to delete from within the dummy data file. However, when I go back to the "good" data file and do a one step update, after taking longer than normal, it finishes with a response that the cloud was synced. Under Mobile & Web, it still does not show it is active. I only see "Go to Mobile & Web". But when I go to Preferences, Cloud Accounts, BOTH the dummy and the one I deleted from within the dummy are back.
    So now, not only is there a data set on the cloud that I don't want there, my one step update takes longer than normal.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The instructions provided will delete the accounts. If you do not want cloud sync to occur, you must disable it under preferences. Once disabled, delete the accounts and they will not reappear. The longer than  normal time is due to Quicken performing a complete sync instead of incremental.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • KennyGolub
    KennyGolub Member ✭✭
    No, it does not. First pic is what displays under preferences after I used the dummy data file to delete the data set for "Ken".
    Then the update gave an error as shown in the second pic. This one just happened now....it didn't on previous attempts.
    I restarted Quicken and as shown in the third pic, "Ken" is now back.
  • KennyGolub
    KennyGolub Member ✭✭
    Trying to remove the cloud data set is really messed up. I deleted the data set using a dummy data file in quicken. However, whenever I do a one step update, it restores the data set under "Preferences", "Cloud Account". AND the update warns me that I have to select accounts to update. Yet, under the menu item "Mobile & Web", I only see "Go to Mobile & Web". AND it automatically set the update to update portfolio on Quicken.com. I have never used a portfolio, yet it insists on trying to update it.
    I did "validate" the data file, but no help.
    I just tried to create another "dummy" file in quicken, but that one will not allow me to add accounts for sync.
    This is really messed up.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot delete your Quicken cloud data set. As soon as you sign in to Quicken with your Quicken ID and password, an empty data set is created. If you use Online Bills, the data is stored there. If you don't sync to the Quicken Cloud, no account data will be stored there.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • KennyGolub
    KennyGolub Member ✭✭
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > You cannot delete your Quicken cloud data set. As soon as you sign in to Quicken with your Quicken ID and password, an empty data set is created. If you use Online Bills, the data is stored there. If you don't sync to the Quicken Cloud, no account data will be stored there.

The down side to this is that it takes longer to update because it still tries to do a sync. I can't stop it from the sync. And again, it keeps turning on the portfolio update which I never used in the past.

I don't understand why quicken can't fix this. It seems like a bug to me.
    Guess it is what it is and I have to live with it.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can stop syncing by going to Preferences and clicking Sign in as a different user. Type "yes" to sign out, sign in with the same Quicken ID but choose NOT to sync to the Quicken Cloud. You should also be able to go to OSU Settings and uncheck Update Portfolio.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • KennyGolub
    KennyGolub Member ✭✭
    It did not offer a choice for not syncing to the cloud. Also, what is OSU settings ?
This discussion has been closed.