Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Regular Payments

Though living in the UK, I have been using Qucken for some years. Currently have Quicken DeLuxe R20.15.
Using it for 2 purposes
1 my personal accounts (2*UK bank, Credit cards) - no problem! I check this account daily. NO on-line bank connections.
2 for our charity accounts - 3 UK bank accounts but no on-line connections. I check this account weekly. Set up to record several hundred payments in over the year - some monthly - some annual.
Monthly deposits since about 2nd April are not shown.
This morning I reconciled one account with an on-line UK bank; Allowed the system to create a correction figure so that the overall balance was correct.
On check this afternoon, that correction figure was not shown and all deposits etc since April have not been entered,
Can someone check my Charity account?

Best Answer

• mcadavies
    mcadavies Member
    Accepted Answer
    Problem solved
    But having deleted a lot of old backups I had to restore the data from about a year ago!
    The orginal problem is still unknown, but I have my two data files working correctly
    Thanks

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    If you haven’t already, you may want to verify the register is sorted appropriately and there aren’t any unexpected filters being applied:  open the register, select the Date column header (you want the small triangle to right of Date to point up) and Reset.

If the issue persists, I suggest you restore a recent data file backup.
  • mcadavies
    mcadavies Member
    Thanks Sherlock for your quick response.
    Having just checked both my data files (personal & charity accounts).
    I assume 'register' is the button that selects the columns etc.?
    On both my datafiles the 'date' is greyed out - so cannot be selected.
    On the main account pages I know that Dates can be Up OR Down
    Could my problem be connected with the date format that does NOT seem to be selectable? Being in the UK I always use dd/mm/yyyy.
    Michael
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    mcadavies said:
    Thanks Sherlock for your quick response.
    Having just checked both my data files (personal & charity accounts).
    I assume 'register' is the button that selects the columns etc.?
    On both my datafiles the 'date' is greyed out - so cannot be selected.
    On the main account pages I know that Dates can be Up OR Down
    Could my problem be connected with the date format that does NOT seem to be selectable? Being in the UK I always use dd/mm/yyyy.
    Michael
    A register is an account ledger.  You refer to registers as: main account pages

It's certainly possible the issue is related to the Windows short date format but, unless there was some update to Windows or Quicken between this morning and this afternoon, I don't think it is likely.
  • mcadavies
    mcadavies Member
    Accepted Answer
    Problem solved
    But having deleted a lot of old backups I had to restore the data from about a year ago!
    The orginal problem is still unknown, but I have my two data files working correctly
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.