Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

When reconciling, some items reappear after they have already cleared. What to do with them?

If I delete the entry, I have no record of the purchase. If I go back and mark it reconciled, the reporting goes wrong.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    What do you mean by the reporting goes wrong?

If a previously Reconciled transaction is no longer Reconciled, the transaction should not be included in calculation of the Prior balance and the transaction should appear available in the Reconcile window.
  • gcarmer1
    gcarmer1 Member
    I mean a reconciled item from a January stmt just shows up in the August reconcile list when I'm balancing. I can see it was accounted for in January because it was checked off the bank stmt and the stmt balanced. But now here it is unreconciled in August in Quicken, but does not appear on my bank stmt. I guess I'll just move them into a slush account, because this seems to be an ongoing problem with no consistency. Don't want to lose track of it but it needs to go away from my primary bank account in Quicken. Don't know what else to do with them.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @gcarmer1,

Thank you for that additional information, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

If you haven't already, I would recommend running a Validate & Repair on the data file to check for any internal file issues that may be causing these already reconciled transactions to reappear.

To run a validate and repair, go to the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.  In the window that opens, mark the box to "Validate file" and click OK.

Once the validation has completed, a data lot will open in the Notepad program that will detail what, if any, issues were found and/or repaired - what does that log say?

When ready, the data log may be closed and then please close and re-open Quicken and let us know if this behavior persists.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.