Citibank & Citicards ol-301 error (edited to reflect Citicards)

Getting an OL-301 error when attempting to download Citibank transaction using Quicken-Premier 2019 Anybody else having this problem? Any suggestions?
Thanks, Mark

Best Answers

• Sarah MSarah M
    Accepted Answer
    So, I finally found the actual place in Citibank to set this up.

After you login, go to Profile, More Settings. Choose Manage Desktop Apps. Then it walks you through the process.
  • GWIIIGWIII
    Accepted Answer
    False alarm---Support fixed the issue............

Answers

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • Longhorn90Longhorn90 Member
    Hello Mark,

I began getting this same error this morning when trying to download transactions from Citi. I'm currently using Quicken Premier 2019 Version R20.15. The details in the error state the following:

Your financial institution has rejected your request. Additional information from Citi Cards: The information you entered does not match our records.

I have not changed my login credentials for Citi recently and I am able to login directly to Citi online with no problem.
  • Tom YoungTom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 of my 5 "Citi" cards have been coming up with this error for the last week or so.  Sometimes initiating the download within the Account has fixed things though once I had to Deactivate/Activate an Account.

Yesterday and today all 5 "Citi" cards have come up with that error and initiating the download from the Account isn't fixing things, nor is resetting the Account.
  • Jeri Ann WaltripJeri Ann Waltrip Member ✭✭
    I am getting the same error for two days in a row now. I am using Quicken Deluxe 2017-version R19.5.
  • WhatAmIMissingWhatAmIMissing Member ✭✭
    I online chatted with Citi Cards and they sent me to Quicken support as they had no known issues on their end. I was on with Quicken and after jumping through all kinds of hoops and being on with them for what seemed to be an eternity, the issue miraculously resolved itself by 2:20 PM EDT on 8/12/2019.
  • Mark LangMark Lang Member
    can't connect to citi costco card - I have 2 citi accounts - if I try OSU with both I get OL-301-A on both - if I try one account at a time the Citi simplicity works , the citi cosco gives error ( I have no transactions on citi simplicity)
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-301
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • mikemike Member ✭✭
    Today, when trying to update my Citi Credit Card information I get an OL-301-A message indicating " the financial institution has rejected your request. The information you entered does not match our records". I double checked the username and password for the account and they work when I log into Citi Credit Cards directly. The downloads had been working fine for months with the last successful update on 8/2/19. Any ideas on what's going on?

Mike
  • katchildress14katchildress14 Member ✭✭
    I am also having trouble with my Citi Costco card. I get the same error code. I have tried the suggestion from Sherlock, but it didn´t work.
  • Pungh0li0Pungh0li0 Member ✭✭
    Still not working for me.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12
    I am also having trouble with my Citi Costco card. I get the same error code. I have tried the suggestion from Sherlock, but it didn´t work.
    I'm not sure what you tried, but the suggestion tells us the financial institution needs to implement a solution.  Did you contact the financial institution as suggested?
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • mikemike Member ✭✭
    Just tried to update my Citi accounts and this time the update worked with no problems. Whatever the issue was it appears to have been fixed.

Mike
  • Pungh0li0Pungh0li0 Member ✭✭
    Mine still fails with OL-301 and now Discover fails with OL-294.
    Quicken 2017
  • JimAbshireJimAbshire Member ✭✭
    I receive, "Error: CC-501" when I try to add my Citi Cards to Quicken Mobile & Web. I'm able to sync the account when I use the "Update Account" from my Windows Desktop Quicken app. I'm running Quicken - Deluxe / Year: 2019 / Version: R21.16 / Build: 27.1.21.16.

*Note: this started late Sunday evening on 18-Aug-2019 (EDT US).

Please advise.

Thank you for your Time and Support!
    Jim
  • JoeJoe Member ✭✭
    When I sync my acounts with the mobile app, I receive a message that 1 of my accounts needs attention. Turns out it's my Citibank MasterCard account that is the issue. I swipe to fix the issue and get a message that says "we are unable to connect to Citibank Credit Card at this time. Please try again later". I am able to access my account using my computer and their mobile app. I deleted the account from my laptop and restored it and still get the same error message. Is there a problem with the mobile app connectivity with Citibank? I'm running Quicken Premier for Windows, Year: 2019, Version: 21.16, Build: 27.1.21.16.
  • Patrick BimontePatrick Bimonte Member ✭✭
    I've been having the same issue since the beginning of the week.
  • Ernst KosowerErnst Kosower Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing the same issue and have spoken to both Quicken and Citi about it. Quicken escalated my ticket to the highest tier. Citi tried to put it off on Quicken but at least tried to work the problem although wouldn’t start a ticket. FWIW Citi and sync worked just fine until earlier this week. The Citi rep said they were working on new security with Quicken.
  • goldieogoldieo Member
    Same issue here. I'm using Quicken Deluxe on the desktop, same version and build. Desktop version updates fine, mobile does not. I've verified that I'm on the most current version of mobile and tried the standard troubleshooting step of resetting cloud data and logging out/back in to the mobile app.
    The good news I guess is that it appears to be syncing with the desktop version of Quicken, but it is frustrating that Citi seems to constantly have these problems with Quicken.
    Hello Ernst> @Ernst Kosower said:
    > I am experiencing the same issue and have spoken to both Quicken and Citi about it. Quicken escalated my ticket to the highest tier. Citi tried to put it off on Quicken but at least tried to work the problem although wouldn’t start a ticket. FWIW Citi and sync worked just fine until earlier this week. The Citi rep said they were working on new security with Quicken.

- I've sent the requested log files using the info supplied in the following post.

================
    Updated 8/21/19: Error When Using Online Services: CC-501, CC-898, or "It's not your fault"
    ================

I hope we both have resolution soon on this issue. I've become very tied to my mobile Quicken when it comes to collecting CC receipts.

Thank you for your Time and Support!
    Jim
    @Quicken Kathryn, Do you have an update on this issue? Thank you for your Time and Support!
  • canmancanman Member
    My Citi Costco Visa also gets the OL-301-A error. Citi insists that it's a Quicken issue and refuses to do anything. HELP!
  • PapoonPapoon Member ✭✭
    Today Quicken Desktop said "things change" and had me login to https://citi.com/datamanagement and run through an authorization process. That fixed it for Desktop. Mobile apps (both Android and iOS) still say they can't connect and the new authorization process doesn't seem to affect. Soooo....
  • udechwordiErudechwordiEr Member
    This evening, I received an OL-301 error when attempting to download my Citi information. The error message was accompanied with a request to login to citi bank account and approve quicken to connect to my account. I logged into my account, and yes, there was a request to approve quicken, along with a warning that if I give my credentials to 3rd party software that I may be liable. The whole episode has me a little queasy, so I've changed my passwords. Has anyone had this issue??
  • zhezhangzhezhang Member ✭✭
    Same here. I had to clear the cache before I can see the request to approve quicken.
  • downsm3downsm3 Member ✭✭
    Got a message to relink my account and I go over to the Citi page and enable the linkage and when I try to link the credit card it just fails. What's up? This has worked for years.
    FYI ... This morning I received a notification during my morning "One Step Update" that Citi had made some security changes that require a re-link of my account. I Deactivated my Online Services and then Activated Online Services. During the Activation phase, my Mobile and Web access to Citi was provided.

*Note: during the initial downloading of transactions, many transactions (June, July and August) were downloaded even though they had already be reconciled.

Best Regards,
    Jim
  • glenmere14glenmere14 Member
    Same issue