Error OL-304 - AMEX

For some unknown reason, Quicken stopped uploading transactions from my AMEX, even though there have been no changes to my AMEX account. I get the error message "OL-304-A" when follow the information to troubleshoot the issue - the recommendation is to deactivate and then reactivate the service. HOWEVER - the instructions provided (step 5) tell me to "Click Remove from One Step Update, and then click Yes to deactivate online services" - The option of "Remove from One Step Update" does not appear to me as an option. When I simply click on "Deactivate", I get a warning message, (It does say I need to contact the financial institution to deactivate this service), but I hit OK - I get a little window showing a connection between my computer and a bank-looking building, then it closes and it still shows me as being connected. I tried to chat with AMEX and they sent me to Quicken. Any ideas?

Answers

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Open the account register and accept any downloaded transactions.
    2. Choose Tools menu > Account List.
    3. Click the Edit button next to the account name.
    4. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    5. Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
    6. Click OK when prompted to confirm your choice.
    7. Back on the Online Services tab, click Set up Now and follow the on-screen prompts to activate online services for this account.
    8. Go to your account register and click Account Actions > Update Now. This will refresh your online setup information.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10