RESOLVED 8/22/19: Errors updating Prudential accounts

Mark RennaMark Renna Member ✭✭
Was working... Now all I get is an OL-89-B Error when I OSU my Prudential 401k. Anyone else?

Best Answer

Answers

• Mark RennaMark Renna Member ✭✭
    Getting an error message when downloading doing a OSU. Nothing has changed on my end except my version of Quicken. The latest version. Everything was fine before this weekend 8/9/19. Anyone else having an issue?
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
    Tried all that before I posted. No go.
  • l suttonl sutton Member ✭✭
    I am getting this also. I wonder - Logging into Prudential now requires a security question. Could this be blocking?
    I cant try the download from Prudential since I cant find it on their new site.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Assuming that you are on a supported version of Quicken for Windows ...
    Have you tried this yet (if your bank recently changed their website or password requirements)?

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Please read and follow instructions here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/server-issue-troubleshooting

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's contractual obligation to notify their Account Manager at Intuit Inc. of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change and any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and report this Online Banking issue, so that Intuit Inc. can be notified of the issue.  Ultimately, however, the bank must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

Tried Branding. No go.
    OFX Log...
    ext = authenticateUser Exception
    Verified I have everything in correct and of course it is as I did nothing on my end. It's Quicken or PRU or both.
  • I can't connect to Prudential either. I'm getting a message that states, not your problem, Quicken can't connect. I spoke to a customer service person at Prudential and they said they have had a few calls regarding not being able to download updates. They said i needed to call Quicken. I'm assuming this is a Quicken issue.
    Real winners at Pru. They will blame Quicken.... Quicken will blame Pru… It takes way too much effort for me THIER customer ME to negotiate a fix.
  • Kevin MyersKevin Myers Member ✭✭
    I've used one step update for Prudential Retirement successfully for years. As of 8/07/2019, I've been unable to connect with Quicken 2019. Connlog.txt indicates and Signon Invalid. Nothing has changed in my files. Any ideas?
    Well the branding doesnt help. Today the message changed to OL-332-A. This is an invalid password. The Conn log shows:
    ext = authenticateUser Excep ... Signon Invalid
    This is the SAME password I successfully log into the Pru web site. However the site requires a security question answer. And Pru will soon require 2 factor. Shouldn't be with Quicken though.
    Looks like I am going to have to call Pru tomorrow then Intuit.
    I have called these Pru #'s in the past... 800 954 8644 and 800-778-4357. I will call again too...
    edited August 14
    Prudential Retirement uses Direct Connect to download transactions which is the most reliable. Have you tried to Reset Account or deactivate/reactivate?

Other posters are having the same problem with Prudential.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7858415/prudential-401k-ol-89-b-error-osu-windows
  • MisthiosMisthios Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue as well. OL-89-B error. Pru was working fine with Quicken but all of a sudden does not work.
    Thanks, Greg. I have tried to reset. When I click the button, nothing happens at all. Usually it attempts to connect to the institution and displays the dialog.
    Have you tried to deactivate/reactivate the account or refresh branding?
    I tried deactivate/reactivate and got message - Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.) Quicken is having trouble connecting to Prudential Retirement- 401k/403b/457
  • Robert RalyeaRobert Ralyea Member ✭✭
    error [OL-89-B] when logging into Prudential.
    Anyone else going to call Pru and try to make them understand it's their issue?
    Pru… 800-954-8644 and 800-778-4357
    It's not refresh rebranding direct connect activate deactivate. Tried all that a bazillion times. It's PRU.
  • SystemSystem Member ✭✭✭
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Prudential 401k transactions no longer downloading, but no error messages.
  • adorofyadorofy Member ✭✭
    All was working fine between Quicken and Prudential for the past month. Then suddenly today, I am getting a "Connectivity Problems" message when running One Step Update stating that my Prudential password is incorrect (which it is NOT, I was able to log directly into Prudential).
  • merlin309merlin309 Member
    Same problem here too... Anyone have a solution?
    Well I wont be able to call Pru or Quicken until at least this weekend, but with the logs showing authenticateUser Exception errors and Signon Invalid errors, I'd say the issue is on Prudential's side. This affects multiple Quicken version all of a sudden (according to the forum comments). Prudential changed their web site and their manual login process. Did they notify Quicken they were making changes? Has Quicken even looked into this with Pru?
  • newelltnewellt Member
    I'm facing the same issue as well. I'll try and give prudential / quicken a call as well.
  • Obviously there is a problem between Quicken and Prudential. How do we get Quicken to reach out to Prudential? I spent over 30 minutes with Quicken trying to resolve the issue but ran out of time trying everything. I'm guessing Quicken has received a large number of calls on this, shouldn't that red flag a problem?
  • jfclaguejfclague Member ✭✭
    It has been working since that last issue but hasn't work for the past few days. Very frustrating.
  • Donald BrooksDonald Brooks Member ✭✭
    It seemed to work yesterday (8/15). I was able to download my information. However, today I went back to receiving code OL-89-B. So much for being fixed.
  • VanDeZeeVanDeZee Member
    I cannot even create an account with Prudential in Quicken now.. Get an immediate error (it is not your fault).. not error number.
This discussion has been closed.