Updating Bank Accounts

Starting a week or two ago, whenever I attempt to update Quicken with my 401K account, nothing happens with the data. The value of my 401K doesnt change at all in Quicken. I've tried deleting the account in Quicken, and then re-connect to my 401k plan, but when I do this the value of the 401K comes in much much lower than the actual value. I've tried that several times with no luck, and each time I simply restore from a backup that I made before doing so.

Has anyone had similar issues, and if so, did you find a fix for it?

Lane

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleting an account register together with all its transactions is going to make the hole that you're in much deeper and will not help resolve anything.
    ;-)

In case of transaction download problems

Please provide more details.

What version and release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

Quicken for Windows users: If you feel like beginning to troubleshoot this yourself, please read and follow instructions here:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7292554/actions-windows-desktop-users-can-take-to-remedy-connection-errors-and-password-change-issues

• Lane HowlettLane Howlett Member ✭✭
    I'm running the following software release on a windows laptop.
    Year 2019
    Version R20.15
    Build 27.1.20.15

The bank (Investment Firm) that I am having problems with consistantly is Vanguard.

Yes, this problem occurs when I run One Step Update to update my Vanguard account. When I run One Step Update, other accounts update correctly, but my two Vanguard accounts simply come back with no change.

The only problem I'm having with Quicken Mobile app is that I can no longer set up the mobile app from my laptop. I start the setup procedure, select accounts to view on my phone, hit "Done", then it appears to be setting up the sync, but after about 30 sec it just goes back to the mobile app startup page again.

I'll take a look at the link you attached above for troubleshooting.

Thanks UKR.