Quicken 2019 Deluxe downloading wrong closing prices

This discussion was created from comments split from: Mutual Fund Conversion - Erroneous cost basis.

Comments

• Michael 49Michael 49 Member ✭✭
    Just migrated to Quicken Deluxe 2019 for Windows (Canada) ver:R16.22 build:27.1.16.22 on 07Aug19 (been using Quicken for 10+ years). Since migrating most security price downloads have been correct and my Canadian and US accounts match with my investment broker. However, prices for several securities on 12Aug19 (eg. XOM, PFE, PG) have been incorrect. The closing prices found in Quicken did not match the prices in Yahoo Finance or with my investment broker (the closing price for 12Aug19 in Yahoo matched my investment broker's price).
  • jr7107jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Is it a one day thing or is the whole history incorrect? Delete the prices and then update again and check?
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • Roger MRoger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this, as well, on Q Premier 2019, which I've been using for a long time. The discrepancy so far appears to be limited to only the closing prices on 12 August. I will wait until after the market closes today, and download again.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
    I checked a few of my USD issues, no problems with the prices. I do have the US version of Quicken. 
    Quicken user since 1994.
    jr7107 said:
    I checked a few of my USD issues, no problems with the prices. I do have the US version of Quicken. 

Thanks. It seems to only affect certain mutual funds, out of all the funds I own. I don't own any securities, so I can't comment on that.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
    I don't have any MFs so can't say on those prices. Most of my prices are "Matched to Online" so my prices are broker driven too. My CAD issues are pricing correctly and not matched to online, so I'm thinking maybe the prices weren't "final" and see what happens on a delete and refresh.
    Quicken user since 1994.
    I downloaded security and fund prices today, about 3 hours after the market closed. The prices match what my brokerage shows, so they seem to be accurate. Hopefully, this was just an isolated incident.
    I was hoping it was an isolated situation, but unfortunately it's not. Today I find the price quote for EEMV-iShares Edge MSCI Min Vol Emerging Markets ETF for 13Aug19 in Quicken is $55.96 but Yahoo Finance and my broker has it as $56.42. Deleting the quote items in Quicken for 13Aug19 and 14Aug19 (today), then requesting download of historical prices for last 5 days didn't fix anything. Quicken still got $55.96 for 13Aug, not $$56.42. Tried changing stock type from 'stock' to 'mutual fund' and exchange from 'US stock' to 'mutual fund', deleting the price quotes for 13Aug & 14Aug, merging the quotes from EEMV to EEMV and downloading prices for the item again didn't update any prices. Trying to download historical prices for EEMV not possible as it's not listed in the 'Get Historical Prices' pop-up. Since EEMV is a stock, I didn't really expect it to be updated as a mutual fund, so I changed the security details back to type=stock and exchange=US stock, merged the quotes from EEMV to EEMV, and requested historical prices for the last 5 days for this stock only. This time it got a quote of $56.42 not $55.96!! Going through the process again, Quicken gets $55.96 !!!! There's definitely a bug in Quicken quote download.
    Once again Quicken is getting a different closing price for EEMV. For 15Aug19, Quicken gets $55.81, but Yahoo Finance and my broker shows $55.51. All other 78 Canadian & US securities are OK.