New Credit Card Account Number

Once or twice a year I get a new credit card number because of potential suspected fraud on my account. When this happens I have to deactivate my prior online setup in Quicken and then re-enable it. When I do this, it downloads the last 3 months of transactions on my account and I have to go manually through them and delete the downloaded transactions. This can take quite a bit of time and I was wondering if anyone has a quicker way of dealing with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• jr7107jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I have not tried this in a while. Instead of doing a full deactivation did you try a reset after changing the account number?
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13
    Save a data file backup (press Ctrl + B), sort the register by order entered (press Ctrl + Alt + N, select Sorting options and choose by Order Entered), make note the last transaction, accept all the download transactions you intend to delete,  select the range of the newly added transactions in the register, and press Ctrl + D.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • ajlangaajlanga Member ✭✭
    jr7107 - I've previously tried resetting it and it does not work unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Sherlock, great idea. I'll give this a try next time. Thanks!