Accounts disappeared from password vault

Two of my credit card accounts, that I have downloading for years, suddenly disappeared from the password vault and from the download list. How do I re-establish them without starting over? Do I use "Reset account"?

Best Answers

Answers

• jr7107jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    What do the account details say? Is it still listed as "Activated" online? Attempt an update from the account from there. Does it prompt you for a password?
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • wtjacksonwtjackson Member ✭✭
    When I click on update for one the accounts, it sends me to manage passwords but there’s no entry for citicards in the password vault and I can find no way to add such an entry.

In the account details, quicken thinks it’s set up for transaction download but the account doesn’t appear in the one step update account list.

Should I deactivate and then activate?
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like there is a problem with your password vault.

What if I need to delete/reset the Password Vault?

Please make a backup before trying to fix the password vault.

Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you restore a data file backup saved before the issue occurred.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    Deactivate/re-activate works, but it's laborious because Citi sends the last 3 months of transactions and you have to delete all of them, one by one, to prevent duplicate charges.
    Thanks, everyone, for your help. Seems to be working ok now. Just weird that 3 accounts just disappeared.

BTW, if you have multiple linked accounts (for instance, I have 2 citi credit cards under one citi login), you need to deactivate both of them before reactivating either. You can reactivate both at the same time.
This discussion has been closed.