Has American Express overwritten downloaded data?

I have an account at American Express. It is a Delta Skymiles card. I had data downloaded since the beginning of the year 2019, but all of a sudden, without notifying me, the data in the account has been truncated only to run since the end of May. If I start a new account for American Express-Delta Skymiles, it says it will download data for the last 76 days. This appears to have happened automatically to my old account. Has anyone else seen this phenomenon?

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven’t already, you may want to verify the register is sorted appropriately and there aren’t any unexpected filters being applied:  open the register, select the Date column header (you want the small triangle to right of Date to point up) and Reset.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • Henry DieterichHenry Dieterich Member ✭✭
    No, the transactions are correctly sorted by date.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13
    No, the transactions are correctly sorted by date.
    If you haven’t already, you may want to verify there aren’t any unexpected filters being applied:  open the register and select Reset.

If the issue persists, I suggest you restore a recent data file backup you saved before the issue appeared.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • Henry DieterichHenry Dieterich Member ✭✭
    I did that too.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Henry,

Can you provide us with more details on where you are at?

Have you tried restoring a backup?

Are you still needing help?

Let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you recently deactivate, then reactivate your AmEx account?
    If yes, did Quicken create a new account register in your data file (because you failed to correctly LINK to the existing account register)?

If you do have a 2nd account register now, repeat the deactivate and reactivate process, carefully following the instructions below.
    When done successfully you can delete the incorrect new account register.

To deactivate an Account

Go to Tools > Account List.
    Click Edit for the account you need to change.
    Click Online Services tab.
    If the account has been activated for Online Bill Payment, deactivate this service first.
    Click Deactivate button in Online Setup box.
    Repeat for any other accounts that need to be deactivated.
    Restart Quicken to make sure that the changes are fully applied.

To (re-)activate accounts for downloading

Create a backup of your Quicken data file. This is a restore point, should something go horribly wrong during the next steps.
    If you normally automatically accept downloaded transactions into your registers I recommend you turn this feature off now. The first transaction download after every activation will download 60 - 90 days worth of transactions into your account(s). Auto-accepting them will most likely create a horrible mess that's difficult to undo. You're better off manually reviewing and accepting or deleting this first batch of downloaded transactions, one by one.  Go into Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions. Remove the checkmarks from both "After downloading transactions" settings.
    Go to Tools / Add Account to reactivate the accounts. As you go thru the setup process, Quicken will identify all accounts it can download.
    Select an account type, e.g. Checking
    Enter the name of your bank and click Next.  Some banks have multiple choices, Consumer vs. Business accounts, Express Web Connect vs. Direct Connect. Be sure to pick the correct one.
    Enter your credentials, select Save this password (if using password vault) and click Connect.

You should now see a list of all accounts found at your bank that you can activate.
    If you are activating an existing account, make sure the dropdown button for that account says LINK. If it says ADD, change it to LINK and select the correct Quicken account.  If it already says LINK, click the button and select the correct existing account register. If you do not do this, then the account will be added as a new account instead of being linked to the existing account register.

Repeat this step for each account listed.
    Change ADD to IGNORE for any account on the list that you do not want to activate at this time. You can always come back and activate more accounts later.
    Click Next to continue.