Appears to be an upgrade and now I cannot find my file

Quicken on my Windows desktop opens but my file is gone. I have searched for it on my computer but the only one showing is a backup from July 2018 and then the file from today. I have the program set to automatically save a backup every time I log out (I learned that lesson a year or so ago!). When I click on update accounts, it says no accounts exist and asks if I want to add one. UGH.

Answers

• climerfamclimerfam Member ✭✭
    I found the correct file.... however... there is a HUGE error on every account. I did the update all accounts but nothing changed. Transactions are missing and things were fine with the file three days ago. The last day of transactions showing in the file I opened are May 2019. Should I open a backup from a few days ago when I know it was working correctly?
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @climerfam

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of these issues with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still experiencing issues and haven't already, please review the information and steps available here, and let us know if this helps to restore the data.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20
    climerfam said:
    I found the correct file.... however... there is a HUGE error on every account.
    And where did you "find" the file ?
    It should have been sitting in your /Quicken Files/ folder,
    along with the /Backup/ folder.
    What is the complete path name to your Quicken files ?
    Are you using the same "user" on the computer, as previously used...
    and not a different "user" - like another Windows admin user ?
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Quicken-Files

Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10