Why is it asking for a password

It just did an automatic update. Now everytime I open, it ask for a password, WHICH I have never setup, nor do I want to. BUT if you click it off enough times, it will let me in. Where can I turn it off that it doesn't ask for a password.

Answers

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is asking for a password? Opening the Quicken data file? Password for the Quicken ID?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • sbmckee48sbmckee48 Member
    Well, it's not doing it now. I'm running QUICKEN Deluxe 2019, R21.16 27.1 21.16. I use it every single day. I have never set it up for passwords and I've never had to enter one. I am the ONLY user. When I opened it this morning there was an update that it automatically did. After the update a password screen came up. I check clicked on the X in the upper right hand corner to close it. After about 5 clicks, it closed and I was able to get into it. But now I've tried and not such screen is coming up. Have no idea what that was all about, but it seems to be working now. THANK YOU.
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do have a password for your Quicken ID. That's what Quicken was asking for. It often does so after an update.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS.
    Now using QWin Premier subscription version on Win7 Pro x64.
  • sbmckee48sbmckee48 Member
    thank you, first time I remember ever seeing it. Funny though I could click out of it after a few attempts.