Trouble changing user ID of current file

I am using a file that was created under someone elses ID. I now want to add an account but the program says I must change the ID of the file which is what I want to do. I no longer want the old ID assocciated with the file. I am allowing the program to walk me through the change. Once logged out, I cannot log back in under the user ID that I thought I changed the file to. Don't understand what I am doing wrong. I still can log in to the file using the old password. I retry the change of the ID and I still get the same results.

Comments

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14
    Do you have a valid Quicken ID and password? Can you login at quicken.com? From Quicken --> Edit --> Preferences --> Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts --> Sign in as a different user. Enter yes to sign out and then enter your Quicken ID and password.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • Yes...I do have a Quicken account already established with a password. I just now logged into it so I know it works. As I had mentioned the file that I am using was established under someone else's ID and it works fine until I want to add a new account. Then I get the message that I have to change the account ID for the file to be able to add the account. I have the program walk me through that process but it won't change it.
    Which Quicken ID is shown in Edit --> Preferences --> Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts? The ID the file was established under or your ID?
  • Under "My Account" the ID that is showing is my ID NOT the ID the file was created under.
    What is shown in the red box? 

• In the desktop program, below is what I see:
    What happens if you click Sign in as a different user?
  • The screen that came up before asks me to sign out as the old user and place a yes in the box to sign out. I can try that again and see if it works and I can sign back in using my ID as established.
    Try it again.
  • OK...I think I changed it on the file. :) The preferences in the file now show my user ID. Now I want to sign out and see if I can sign back in.
  • Success!!!!!!! I also just tried to add an account and I can get past the hang up of the user ID. Thank you so much for your help and sticking with me on this.
    No problem, glad you got it working!