NelNet student loans weirdness online

OK my son has four Nelnet loans: A,B,C, and D. A,B,D are "unsubsidizied"; C is "subsidized" whatever that means. In any event sometime this summer I had one of the great "Express Web Connect" burps where all of my EWC connections had to be reset, which with Nelnet means deleting and re-adding the account (no reset or disconnect/reconnect possible). When this happened, I added accounts using my username/password (authorized payee) I received A,B,D. This used to get all 4. OK, so I then added accounts using my son's username/password and got C. Great.
Except that now when I do one-step update, only A,B,D on my username/password update. C with my son's username/password receives a CC-501.

Any help would be appreciated. Besides letting my son deal with his own loans of course!
Tagged:

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subsidized means interest does not start to accrue until after your son is no longer attending a qualified school. 

Regarding the CC:501, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-501
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • Gary TaldaGary Talda Member ✭✭
    I just created a new blank Quicken file and of course all 4 accounts came down with my son's user id / password. So I will try again.
    Thanks for the explanation of subsidized.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your production data file, have you tried this?
    • Deactivate accounts A, B and D
    • Reactivate all accounts using your son's ID and password.
    Remember ... in the case of CC 501 errors you must deactivate all accounts, including old, hidden, long closed accounts that are still activated.  If you miss one, the Intuit server involved in handling Express Web Connect - connected accounts will not start with a clean slate and you will continue to have problems.
  • Gary TaldaGary Talda Member ✭✭
    I really try on the Express Web Connect thing as I have > 20 accounts that have to be reconnected and I hate having to do it twice. I used Account List with show hidden accounts to identify them all.
    OK, so I copied the file a couple of times. First I tried deleting the 4 Nelnet accounts which is what I believe I did. Same result - 1 for him; 3 for me.
    Then I tried your idea of deactivating. His only still found the one. I did mine AFTER his and it did find all 4....
    Not sure why but we will see how it works tomorrow.