Any fixes to the CC-502 error with Chase Bank?

Is there a fix to the CC-502 error with Chase Bank? I contacted Chase Bank support and they say it's a Quicken problem.

Comments

• dmillsjenkdmillsjenk Member ✭✭
    Beginning 8-15-19, received error CC-502 when updated Chase accounts.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • John JJohn J Member ✭✭
    Same problem with Chase
  • johnodrakejohnodrake Member ✭✭
    Ditto - Same issue with Chase
  • KK Member ✭✭
    Chase credit card accounts are not updating this morning, giving a CC-502 error. Quicken says issue with Chase website, but am able to log in there with no issues. Quicken, Discover and Chase all need to talk with each other directly to resolve these issues instead of advising their customers to bombard each other with complaints.
    I had no problem with Chase this morning. Are you using Direct Connect to download transactions?
  • KK Member ✭✭
    Express Web Connect. I have two Chase accounts and Quicken had me deactivate and try to reactivate one of them and it will not. I just says the Chase website is unavailable currently and to try later.
    I just tried to add my Chase CC account and Quicken had no problem finding my account. I'm surprised Quicken had you deactivate/reactivate as the instructions for fixing a CC-502 say DO NOT as it could lead to further problems.

Before you begin

When receiving a CC-502 error, we recommend to first check the Quicken Community for alerts on widespread issues.  We also recommend that you do not deactivate and reactivate your account(s) to troubleshoot this specific issue, as it could lead to other issues. 

To resolve this issue

First, wait one business day then refresh your online account information

This error message is typically caused by maintenance on your bank's website.  You can try updating again in a few hours or the next business day.  If the issue still occurs after one business day, the steps below should resolve your issue.

If waiting doesn't resolve the issue

1. Open the transaction register for the account with the error message.
    2. Click the Gear Icon on the upper right of the register, and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    4. Repeat these steps for each account with this error.
  • Thank you for our help, Greg.
  • KK Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your feedback. Since you aren't having issues, it hopefully looks like it's not a widespread issue. I'll continue to work from my side.
    If you get it working, I would strongly suggest using Direct Connect and not Express Web Connect.
  • RichM81RichM81 Member
    Tried to run one step update this morning and Chase isn't working. Having all sorts of problems with the accounts. Tried to deactivate and reactivate the one step downloading on all the accounts and they're not even being recognized properly. Anyone else? Help!
  • RichM81RichM81 Member
    I posted a ? about Chase not connecting. Also having issues with Discover as stated in this thread.
    This is a user to user community. So far there have been 4 posts about Chase and the Discover problem is a known issue. 
  • RichM81RichM81 Member
    Talked to an agent, known issue between chase and their servers. Within 48hrs estimated resolution
  • rcullerrculler Member ✭✭
    I've had this problem for a couple of days. Today, the One Step update failed again, so I tried selecting the Chase account, clicking the gear, and Update Now. That one succeeded.
  • TPerk100TPerk100 Member ✭✭
    edited August 21
    Just tried to re-activate Chase CC using web connect and for first time in a week it worked!
This discussion has been closed.