Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

unable to add Fidelity NetBenefits

Hello, we received a message from Quicken late July saying they had recently released an update to improve the download reliability of Fidelity Investments accounts. We had our technical network person apply the update and ever since then we have been getting errors. This morning I completely deleted the accounts and tried to re-add them and Quicken says "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.) I've searched through many sections here and don't see anyone else with Fidelity issues. Version: Quicken Premier 2019 Build: 27.1.21.12. Any guidance would be so appreciated!

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you actually delete the accounts or deactivate Online Services?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • mabris19
    mabris19 Member
    Completely deleted them.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I don't understand why you would completely delete the accounts instead of posting the error message(s) and trying to solve the problem.
  • mabris19
    mabris19 Member
    I use Quicken for a lot of accounts and it was hanging up the system with these errors. Just closing the Quicken program at the end of the day would result in more warnings that my update wasn't successful and did I want to try again. I'd say YES and it wouldn't help. It's not a bother to re-add an account and I certainly didn't foresee Quicken not allowing me to do so. I've used Quicken for a decade and rarely encounter anything that needs addressing. Thanks for your comment.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I would suggest restoring a backup from before the update and trying OSU again. Please post error messages if you receive any.
  • mabris19
    mabris19 Member
    Thanks Greg. I restored from my backup and still see the same error. I deactivated and set it up again. Same errors. OL-294-A. The canned message is: Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault). Quicken is having trouble connecting to Fidelity NetBenefits. I have other accounts held there that are updating just fine. I only had the update installed because Quicken prompted me to do so to improve Fidelity connectivity. I'm fine with waiting for Quicken to work this issue out on their own but since I have some that are updating it's a bit puzzling. Thanks for your help.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Are you receiving the same error message before deactivating the accounts? Before deactivating, have you tried:

Lastly, refresh your online account information

1. From your account register, select the Actions gear icon at the very top of your register (Ctrl + Shift + N).
    2. Select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    4. Repeat these steps for each financial institution experiencing this error.
    Do all your Fidelity NetBenefits accounts use the same username/password? I'm puzzled by, " I only had the update installed because Quicken prompted me to do so to improve Fidelity connectivity." Fidelity NetBenefits only supports Direct Connect which is the best type of connection. Also, I read through the last 2 release notes and didn't see anything about Fidelity NetBenefits.
  • mabris19
    mabris19 Member
    Same error. No, I have some different usernames/passwords. I only meant that maybe I should've actually waited until I noticed issues with Fidelity connectivity before I had the tech person do the update. I was prompted two mornings in a row when I selected my OSU that Quicken released an update for Fidelity so I thought I'd be proactive and have it updated. I saw a brief blurb in the July release notes. It was generic: Fidelity. I'll see if I can copy of the Quicken popup and include it here.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I found this but it applies to Quicken 2017.

Release Notes

Release R19.5 (US Versions, July 2019)

Before you take this update, we recommend you perform a One Step Update to ensure that your data is synced to the cloud and also make a backup of your data file.

• Improved: Improved download reliability for Fidelity Investments.

• mabris19
    mabris19 Member
    Yes, that's what I saw too.
  • mabris19
    mabris19 Member
    Fidelity Investments Customers: Action needed to prevent service disruption
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I'm confused. You posted you were using Quicken Premier 2019 Build: 27.1.21.12. That update applies to Quicken 2017. There is an update to R21.16 for Quicken 2019.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Are you sure that all your Fidelity NetBenefits usernames/passwords are correct? Have you tried this:

Verify your password

With the convenience of the Password Vault in Quicken comes the opportunity to forget to change your password in Quicken when it has been changed at the financial institution. To update your password in Quicken:

1. Choose Tools menu > One Step Update.
    2. Uncheck all options except for the financial institution that is reporting the error.
    3. Click the key icon to the right of the financial institution name.
    4. Enter your password.
    5. Click Update Now.

• mabris19
    mabris19 Member
    All of my passwords are good. I manually logged into each one to see if that worked. That is the version I see when I click About Quicken. Previously, as recent as last month, I believe we used 2018? I received that Quicken message to do the update so I'm not sure why they would suggest an update for something other than the version I am using. I appreciate your suggestions. I will forward the link you provided to our tech team. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.