Mutiple CC-501 error

An ongoing problem for well over a week now.
Quicken Premier 2019 R22.12 V27.1.22.12 - Windows 10 Pro V1903 OS Build 18995.1 - Quicken user since Windows 98.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭

During One Step Update from Quicken on your desktop / laptop, if you get error CC-501 for all of your Express Web Connect - connected accounts from several banks while other bank accounts using Direct Connect or Web Connect work OK ...

Please do not use any "Reset CC Credentials" instructions found here in the Community to correct online banking errors.  Instead, please contact Support.
    Support has access to a tool that can "reset" the User profile internally on the server.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Gary Norton
    Gary Norton Member ✭✭
    Trying that via chat now, they were unable to help me 2 days ago when I was with them for over an hour.
    Quicken Premier 2019 R22.12 V27.1.22.12 - Windows 10 Pro V1903 OS Build 18995.1 - Quicken user since Windows 98.
  • Gary Norton
    Gary Norton Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    MeAug 15, 2019, 5:19pm
    From the community forum, as this seems to be an issue for a lot of users.

I did post a screenshot there.

(removed self-reference to merged thread)

AgentAug 15, 2019, 5:24pm
    Thank you, in this case, there ins't a tool for us to reset your profile from our side.

MeAug 15, 2019, 5:25pm
    Interesting, what would you suggest that I have not already tried?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch! Stay tuned ...
  • Gary Norton
    Gary Norton Member ✭✭
    Finally appears to be resolved after entering Chat at 5:04 and ending at 6:56, Robert helped me. what worked was after deactivating online services for all the CC-501 errors. I used Tools > Online Center > Hold Ctrl + Shift and click update/send, this brings up a pop up for reset credentials and that did work for me today. Greg_The_Greek suggested to not do that. Then tools > Account List > Set It Up Now. I have updated a couple of times now via One Step Update and my CC-501 errors have not reappeared, But Discover card is now returning an OL-295-A error now.
  • Gary Norton
    Gary Norton Member ✭✭
    Fix worked for 1 day, errors are back today.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Fix worked for 1 day, errors are back today.
    Hello @Gary Norton

I'm sorry to hear that the CC-501 errors have returned and appreciate your taking the time to report this error code to the Community.

A CC-501 error code is a generic error code that can occur for a variety of reasons, however based on the previous information provided and the steps taken with Support Agent "Robert" the error code does indicate an internal issue that is preventing Quicken from communicating with the servers appropriately.

The steps taken should have resolved this error however, I did notice in the previous information provided, that the accounts were reactivated through the "Set Up Now" button which may be the root cause of the CC-501 error returning.

(**Please Note:  Performing a reset of the CC Credentials in the Quicken Data File is not a recommended troubleshooting step that may cause irreparable damage to the file, preventing it from being able to communicate with the servers to download transactions via Express Web Connect in the future.  If a CC-501, or any other error code occurs, please do not attempt to reset the CC Credentials to resolve the error.  Instead search the Quicken Help Articles or contact Quicken Support for assistance.**)

Please, once more deactivate every account that uses the Express Web Connect method to download transactions.

Once all accounts have been deactivated, please close and re-open Quicken to force a refresh of the internal database tables and with Quicken open once more, go to the Tools menu > Add Account option to reactivate the accounts.

Be sure to "Link" your accounts to the already existing names in Quicken to avoid duplicating the accounts/balances.

Once the accounts have been reactivated, please allow up to 48 hrs and then let us know if the CC-501 error still persists.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Big Moe
    Big Moe Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    This doesn't work either.
    We are unable to re link. Error pops up Sorry, We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.) With the choice of 1. Try again now, 2 i'll visit my financial institution, 3. I'll enter my transactions manually.

[rant redacted]
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big Moe said:
    This doesn't work either.
    We are unable to re link. Error pops up Sorry, We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.) With the choice of 1. Try again now, 2 i'll visit my financial institution, 3. I'll enter my transactions manually.
    Are you getting this error for just one bank or
    are you getting it for all banks which use Express Web Connect for downloading while other bank accounts using Direct Connect or Web Connect work OK?
    • One Bank: Deactivate all accounts for this bank, including old, long closed, hidden and forgotten accounts that might still be activated. If you miss one, the Intuit server involved in handling Express Web Connect - connected accounts will not start with a clean slate and you will continue to have problems. When done deactivating, restart Quicken and reactivate accounts.
    • All banks with Express Web Connect: Contact Support.
      This also applies if you get error CC-510
      Support has access to a tool that can "reset" the User profile internally on the server. https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
  • Gary Norton
    Gary Norton Member ✭✭
    As per the Aug 19 reply from Sarah, all of my Express Web Connect accounts have been deactivated, Tools > Add Account has failed on all 3 institutions that used that method, even the ones that were working Citizens Bank & Capital One. The one that was not working Wings Financial Credit Union is still not working. I am on the latest version of Quicken R21.16
  • Gary Norton
    Gary Norton Member ✭✭
    I updated to R21.17 and these are still not working for me.
  • Dcny
    Dcny Member
    I am having the same issues! Were you able to get yours resolved? I was on chat for hours and then a phone call with screen share. They concluded that some program was interfering in the background. I have disabled the firewall, backup services, etc. Incredibly frustrating.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dcny

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community to post your question, however, this is an older post and less likely to get an answer.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849429/how-to-add-a-post-to-the-community

Be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken.

The more information you can provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.