Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Is there a fix to the reports to make them print full size yet?

Quicken reports will not print full page size or export full page size and as far as I know there is still no fix for this problem. It is not the printer or the settings and repair and reset does nothing and installing latest update including the mondo patch does nothing. Quicken assistant admitted it was a problem with the reports that they have tried to fix but have not been able to - or at least not at that time. Has there been a true fix recently??
Tagged:

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried printing a few reports to PDF using Quicken Subscription R 21.16 and they looked full page to me. Were there any particular reports that didn't print correctly?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I've never had or heard of Quicken having this report print issue.  I've occasionally had similar printing issues in the past but in every case I found that there was some printer properties setting (not the Quicken print settings) that caused it.  When you try to print and the print popup showing the Quicken print settings comes up, there should be a Properties button to the right of the printer you are trying to print to.  Click on that button and it will bring up the printer properties.  Review all the printer properties settings including paper size, portrait vs landscape, margins, scaling, full page vs custom multi-page and horizontal vs vertical to make sure all the settings are what you want.  The most common cause for me has been that sometimes I print out a report in a custom multi-page format (i.e., print 2 report pages on 1 sheet) and I forgot to change the printer setting back to full page the next time I print a report which then resulted in a report printing out on only 1/2 the sheet of paper.   Another common cause for me has been that I had previously scaled down the report to get everything to print on a single sheet and then forgot to remove that scaling the next time I printed.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R32.12 on Windows 10)
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    One other thing to check if Printer Properties settings are not the cause of the issue:  Click on Printer Setup for Reports/Graphs under File.  Check to see if the margins are set properly.  Then click on Heading Font and Body Font to see what font and font size is shown.  Using Arial with a font size between 9 and 12 seems to work best for me.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R32.12 on Windows 10)
  • BBH1215
    BBH1215 Member
    Thanks but NO not a simple printer properties or settings issue - but I did find a temporary fix that at least enables me to print full size - get the data I need and move on - - some things are not worth my time.... I tried to share link but Quicken will not let me - - basically changing my windows display setting to 100% instead of the recommended 200% worked - but it makes it impossible to see anything on screen - which means printing and then switching it back to 100% - - very glad to have found it though - -
This discussion has been closed.