Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

2019 Transfer Money feature SLOW

I have Quicken 2019. In addition to my checking account, I have set up CASH accounts that I use to earmark funds. I am seeing that, in pc terms, the time to transfer between the checking and cash accounts is very slow (8-10 seconds). Has anyone seen this and if so is there a resolution? I am running windows 10 pro with 8g ram. the performance did not get better after upgrading the ram and archive transactions to decrease file size.

Comments

• Michael Jones
    Michael Jones Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Have you also tried running a file validation to see if there are any errors?  I assume you did that before archiving, but just checking!
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try booting your computer into Safe Mode and doing a transfer in Quicken. Other posters have reported slowness caused by their security software.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next question:
    Is your active Quicken data file being directly accessed by Dropbox, OneDrive or any other cloud backup software?
    If so, that's a definite No-No. It may contribute to slowness and cause data file damage.
    You may, however, make Quicken create a backup file when you close Quicken and then allow the backup file to be processed by the cloud backup software.
This discussion has been closed.