Why are discussions closed, before a resolution is identified?

On June 20, 2019 "Quicken Sarah" a Quicken Community Administrator, Moderator posted "Users Unable to Add Capital One eBills/Online Billers" at this link community.quicken.com/discussion/7855126/updated-8-10-19-users-unable-to-add-capital-one-ebills-online-billers.

On 8/10/2019, "Quicken Natalie" a Quicken Community Moderator posted an update that the problem is ongoing and there is no ETA for a resolution. These are the only two posts and "This discussion has been closed". Why? :(

I opened a Ticket with Quicken Support 8/2/2019, which they upgraded to the Escalation Team, and was told it should be resolved in 72 hours. Now, two weeks later, after receiving no notification that (1) the problem has been resolved, or (2) they continue working on the problem, I called back in to get an update. They advised that the problem persists, and referred me to this link for more information.

Great, I can Bookmark this issue and sign up for Alerts, but, cannot post any additional comments as the discussion is closed!? What Alert am I going to get on a "closed discussion"!? And, my "Ticket" with Quicken sends no notification as to status, open, pending, closed, re-open, etc!?

I totally understand that resolving technology and online billing is complicated, but communication is not. C'mon Intuit/Quicken...you need to step up the customer service and communication levels!!! :s

P.S...Apparently, I have to "Be around a little longer" before I can include links to other discussions in the Quicken Community pages, so, I had to remove the link to the aforementioned discussion. Add the https and : // to the string that starts with community.quicken... above to navigate directly.

Best Answers

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @djgarcia99

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Community, although I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience experienced.

The referenced thread - https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7855126/updated-8-10-19-users-unable-to-add-capital-one-ebills-online-billers#latest is intended as an informational announcement to notify Quicken Users of known issues and provide a location for Users to follow and receive official communications from Quicken on the status and/or resolution of these known issues as information becomes available.

Alert/Announcements posts in the Community are typically closed for comments to other Users to ensure that any User following these informational posts receive the important communications as they are posted.

At this time, the known issues with Capital One eBiller/Online Billers are still ongoing and we do not have an ETA when connections will be restored, I apologize.

Once an update and/or resolution is available, the Alert post will be updated with the new information.

If you would like to receive updates on this issue, please "Bookmark" the Alert by clicking the Yellow Star icon in the upper right corner of the post.

I hope this information is helpful and apologize again for any confusion or inconvenience experienced.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @djgarcia99

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Community, although I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience experienced.

The referenced thread - https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7855126/updated-8-10-19-users-unable-to-add-capital-one-ebills-online-billers#latest is intended as an informational announcement to notify Quicken Users of known issues and provide a location for Users to follow and receive official communications from Quicken on the status and/or resolution of these known issues as information becomes available.

Alert/Announcements posts in the Community are typically closed for comments to other Users to ensure that any User following these informational posts receive the important communications as they are posted.

At this time, the known issues with Capital One eBiller/Online Billers are still ongoing and we do not have an ETA when connections will be restored, I apologize.

Once an update and/or resolution is available, the Alert post will be updated with the new information.

If you would like to receive updates on this issue, please "Bookmark" the Alert by clicking the Yellow Star icon in the upper right corner of the post.

I hope this information is helpful and apologize again for any confusion or inconvenience experienced.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • djgarcia99djgarcia99 Member
    Thanks Sarah, I appreciate the explanation.

Other than indicating a Like/Dislike of a post, is there a way for the Community to click a "This is affecting me as well" to signal how many users are affected? Is there another way for Moderators to indicate the Status/Severity/Priority of the issue to keep folks updated?
This discussion has been closed.