How can I change my username + email blocking ISPs

Tip.n.RingTip.n.Ring Member ✭✭
I established my preferred username and put my email that I use with my ISP. The email address I used is correct and I never received a confirmation email from Quicken. Yes I tried MULTIPLE times, looking in Outlook's spam filters, my ISP's filters etc. I could not ask any questions with that username because it was unconfirmed. I could not find ANY method to select a new email for that username and try again.

I created an alternate username with a different email address, not at my ISP. How can I change my username under this new email to my old one since it was unconfirmed anyway?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just curious - which ISP didn't let the emails go thru....
    I've discovered my EARTHLINK email address has the same issue with a couple of website - like - Ford, Garmin, and now this new Quicken hosting site.
    I had to resort to using a Gmail account for these blocked websites.
    Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Quicken NatalieQuicken Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello TipSC,

Thank you for reaching out regarding the issue with your username and an unconfirmed email address. I am happy to assist with your request or answer any questions you may have. 

I have located two Community profile's for you. One was created on August 11th with a pbtcomm.net email address that is unconfirmed and has the username of Tip.n.Ring. The other profile was created today and has a yahoo.com email address that is confirmed and has the username of TipSC. The latter is the profile that you used to create this post.

Without divulging your full email address (for security reasons), please advise which of those profiles you intend to use moving forward with the Community, which email address you intend to use for notifications, etc from the Community, and what you would like your username to be. 

Thanks!

-Quicken Natalie

-Quicken Natalie 

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    TipSC ,

Are you aware that Yahoo charges for Pop Access to your Email Account, while Gmail does not charge for Pop Access?
  • Tip.n.RingTip.n.Ring Member ✭✭
    Natalie,

I would like to change my username to Tip.n.Ring and I guess I have to use the yahoo.com email address. Like I mentioned I tried over the period of days to click the confirm button and get the corresponding response, but no joy.

For the life of me I can't determine why the emails didn't arrive for the pbtcomm.net address. I've never had any problems with my main address but if it is in the cards to use the yahoo.com {now owned by Verizon} so be it.

It seems odd to me that you can't edit your profile while you are unconfirmed so that one could "self correct" a problem such as this, most people usually have multiple addresses and that would have been the "easy" route, but thanks for your assistance. The other odd part is that you cannot ask any question of the group until you are confirmed. Ever watched "Catch 22"?

Cheers!
    > @ps56k said:
    > just curious - which ISP didn't let the emails go thru....I've discovered my EARTHLINK email address has the same issue with a couple of website - like - Ford, Garmin, and now this new Quicken hosting site.I had to resort to using a Gmail account for these blocked websites.

The ISP is Comporium and is large in South Carolina around the Rock Hill and neighborhoods of Charlotte NC areas. Like you I had to resort to a generic email account to even be able to post a question on this issue. Odd the spam filters of the ISP did not ever show any incoming email rejected at all :(
    Hi @TipSC ,

Scroll up to the beginning of this Web page. On the Right-side, there is this gray gear. Left-click on the Gear and click Edit Profile. It displays your Email Address. Highlight the Email Address and type in the New Email Address and click Save.

Email Addresses are not verified.

To change your User ID (Name), you need help from the Quicken Moderators.
    Well I thought that I posted a response as well as a screenshot to "thecreator". It did not show up on this thread. I will repeat, and please don't flame me if it is a dupe.

I don't see the "Edit Profile" selection available when I am a unverified email user. That selection "Edit Profile" only comes after you confirm your email address.

I attached a screenshot of the left click the gear symbol in the upper right.

Catch 22.
    When you have "confirmed" your email the menu changes to the one you suggest, also attached,

As I thought, Catch 22.

Cheers.
    Hi @TipSC ,

Had trouble getting back in. You are correct.

Once, your Email Address is confirmed, you have the Edit as you point out. Then you can change your Email Address. To Change your User ID, you need the help of Quicken Moderators.

Thanks so very much Natalie! :)

Cheers.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow - have not heard that telco term in a long time -
    Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ps56k said:
    Wow - have not heard that telco term in a long time -
    I know, it conjured up visions of telephone operators and plug boards.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS.
    Now using QWin Premier subscription version on Win7 Pro x64.
This discussion has been closed.