FI_BLOCKING:ccscrape.155:Error 155 FI is blocking our access - Optum Health Savings

My Optum Health Savings account in Quicken use to be able to sync with the information online. That stoped in April of 2019. Now all I get when I sync is following error code: FI_BLOCKING:ccscrape.155:Error 155 FI is blocking our access. I have tried "Go To Site" and filing in the passwords because I can still access the Optum web site without being in Quicken. That has not worked. I do not have this issue with any other account in Quicken.

What causes this and is there a fix or workaround for it? I keep hoping one of the Quicken updates will fix it but none have. Is the problem Optum Bank?

Thank You!
Tagged:

Best Answers

• jacobsjacobs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    The description of that error suggests that the FI (financial institution) involved is blocking Quicken from connecting and downloading information.

You can pursue this with Quicken Support if you wish; they are the only ones who can confirm a connectivity problem with a financial institution and escalate it to their connectivity team. If Optum changed their website or login process, then this team (actually a group at former parent Intuit) is the one to make the changes to allow Quicken to login again.

Alternatively, you might want to reach out to Optum. It might take some perseverance to get to someone who knows that you're talking about, but hopefully you can get to someone who can explain if/why they are blocking download to Quicken, and if so, if they plan to restore access and when.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mattyv123mattyv123 ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    For what it is worth, having the exact same problem. It looks like Optum changed their login process quite a bit and Quicken will need to update it.

The JSON response:
    "status" : "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR",
    "aggregators" : [
    {
    "cpAggStatusDetail" : "Error 155 FI is blocking our access",
    "isProcessing" : false,
    "aggStatus" : "FI_BLOCKING",
    "cpAggStatusCode" : "ccscrape.155"
    }
  • DrinkingbirdDrinkingbird ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you for contacting Customer Care. Unfortunately, Optum Bank will no longer be working with Quicken or other financial connections going forward. I really apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

You may export you CSV file by logging into your online account at www.OptumBank.com. From the dashboard page, you will want to choose the ‘Accounts’ tab and click the ‘View All Transactions’ link.

If you still require assistance, please give us a call at (844)326-7967. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any inquiry you have.

Customer Care | Optum
    PH: (844)326-7967
    www.optumbank.com

Answers

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    The description of that error suggests that the FI (financial institution) involved is blocking Quicken from connecting and downloading information.

You can pursue this with Quicken Support if you wish; they are the only ones who can confirm a connectivity problem with a financial institution and escalate it to their connectivity team. If Optum changed their website or login process, then this team (actually a group at former parent Intuit) is the one to make the changes to allow Quicken to login again.

Alternatively, you might want to reach out to Optum. It might take some perseverance to get to someone who knows that you're talking about, but hopefully you can get to someone who can explain if/why they are blocking download to Quicken, and if so, if they plan to restore access and when.
  • mattyv123mattyv123 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    For what it is worth, having the exact same problem. It looks like Optum changed their login process quite a bit and Quicken will need to update it.

The JSON response:
    "status" : "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR",
    "aggregators" : [
    {
    "cpAggStatusDetail" : "Error 155 FI is blocking our access",
    "isProcessing" : false,
    "aggStatus" : "FI_BLOCKING",
    "cpAggStatusCode" : "ccscrape.155"
    }
  • Does Quicken monitor these discussions? How do we pursue this software issue with Quicken Support?
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31
    Does Quicken monitor these discussions? How do we pursue this software issue with Quicken Support?
    And scroll to the bottom of the page to see your support options.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
    Or just https://quicken.com/contact-support takes you right there without scrolling. Note that phone support is only open weekdays, and is closed this Monday for Labor Day.
  • DrinkingbirdDrinkingbird Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you for contacting Customer Care. Unfortunately, Optum Bank will no longer be working with Quicken or other financial connections going forward. I really apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

You may export you CSV file by logging into your online account at www.OptumBank.com. From the dashboard page, you will want to choose the ‘Accounts’ tab and click the ‘View All Transactions’ link.

If you still require assistance, please give us a call at (844)326-7967. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with any inquiry you have.

Customer Care | Optum
    PH: (844)326-7967
    www.optumbank.com
  • Well, at least Optum Bank owned up to why it quit working. Optum Bank has become just as consumer friendly as its sister business, Optum RX. You use it only because you have no other choice, not because you really want to.

A CSV file is no help to me since Quicken cannot import it. Quicken needs a Mint CSV file. It is less brain damage if I manually type it into Quicken from a monthly statement. Unfortunately when I try to Reconcile it continues to default to the last successful import date 4/15/2019 instead of the last reconciled date which is annoying.
    Further questioning on my part got this response. Looks like a money issue. Funny that Quicken says the bank is "blocking". I guess blocking and not paying are the same thing.

"Thank you for contacting customer care. I apologize for the inconvenience, however, we currently are not in contract with Quicken which is why the service is no longer available."
    @Drinkingbird No, not all financial institutions have to pay Quicken (Intuit) for connectivity. Those that offer Direct Connect do, but my understanding is that most Quicken Connect and all Web Connect downloads do not require a fee. But they do require that the financial institution signs on as a participant, likely for legal and support reasons. Some financial institutions just decide they don't want to support Quicken, perhaps because it causes them to field customer support calls when customers have problems. 
    More probing on my part got the below answer (from the same person who gave the 2nd answer above) - so basically gotten 3 different answers from them. Anyone's guess if they'll ever support it again.

I suspected it was something to do with Optum changing over to using the Healthsafe ID for login, maybe that is the case after all. Who knows.

"Thank you for contacting customer care. I apologize for the inconvenience, however, at this time Quicken and other financial connections are disabled from the website. We do not have a date as to when this will be available again."
    edited September 17
    > @jacobs said: No, not all financial institutions have to pay Quicken (Intuit) for connectivity. Those that offer Direct Connect do, but my understanding is that most Quicken Connect and all Web Connect downloads do not require a fee. But they do require that the financial institution signs on as a participant, likely for legal and support reasons. Some financial institutions just decide they don't want to support Quicken, perhaps because it causes them to field customer support calls when customers have problems. 

Hmm, assumed that Quicken charged for all forms. I know in the past that is why a lot of places didn't support QFX downloads as they had to license it. Guess it doesn't really matter since can't get a straight answer from them anyway.

So currently Optum, Prudential Retirement, and sporadically Alliant Credit Union do not work. That's like half my financial providers. This yearly fee model makes less and less sense every day.