I am unable to launch Quicken (Canada). I get the following error message

mjpmcnulty
mjpmcnulty Member ✭✭

Best Answer

• mjpmcnulty
    mjpmcnulty Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your response Sarah. Quicken was crashing as soon as I launched it. I've now reinstalled both windows and Quicken and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mjpmcnulty

Thank you for taking the time to this error to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

I took the liberty of reviewing our internal system and was able to locate two of the submitted crash reports.  I've reviewed the data and had some additional questions for you, I apologize.

1. Does Quicken open at all before the crash report dialogue window opens?
    2. If so, what action are you performing in Quicken just prior to the crash?
    3. If Quicken does not open at all before the crash, does it open in "silent mode"?  
    If you aren't sure, please try to open in Silent Mode by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on the keyboard and double-clicking on the Quicken icon on the desktop.  Continue to hold down the Ctrl + Shift keys until Quicken fully opens to a blank gray screen with only the File and Help tabs at the very top left corner.

If Quicken opens in silent mode, please go to the File menu and attempt to load your Quicken data file.

Please let us know how it goes, thank you.

Sarah
  • mjpmcnulty
    mjpmcnulty Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your response Sarah. Quicken was crashing as soon as I launched it. I've now reinstalled both windows and Quicken and it seems to have fixed the problem.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @mjpmcnulty

I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve this issue and appreciate your posting back with the updated information :)

If there is anything else the Community or myself may assist with, please let us know.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.