Capital One checks download as "N/A" Revisited

I posted about this a little while back. At the time I worked with Quicken support to change my online banking settings. My current setup is using financial institution Capital One 360 and Express Web Connect+.

At the time I didn't have any checks to download to see if the problem was still happening.

Until now. I had a check transaction download into Quicken without the check number and the payee as "N/A." Clearly, the payee is irrelevant, but the check number should be downloading.

When I check the transaction on the Capital One site it is described as "Check #9010 cashed."

I am running Quicken Premier 2019 R21.16.

Thanks.

Comments

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Michael Rosen

Thank for for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Please right-click on the downloaded check transaction in the register view - a menu should open and please select the "Review Downloaded Payee" option close to the bottom.

A sub-menu should open showing the Payee name in the raw data format as transmitted by the financial institution during the request for updated account/transaction information. 

What is the Downloaded Payee name listed for the check transactions showing N/A? 

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Michael RosenMichael Rosen Member ✭✭
    The option is grayed out. I did match the downloaded transaction already.

I received the following reply from Capital One support:

"Thank you for reaching out to let us know about the digital issue you were experiencing. After looking into it, we've found that everything is working as designed."

Very disappointing.

Thanks.
  • dsdrydendsdryden Member
    I am having the same "N/A" issue. I rename the payee and it still comes back as N/A after relaunching the program.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your Renaming Rules. If a rule with a Payee Name of "N/A" exists, delete it.

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Michael RosenMichael Rosen Member ✭✭
    N/A isn't really the issue. The bank cannot know who the payee is on a check. I'm dumbfounded that Capital One refuses to pass the check number along.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018/2019 Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • To start Chat, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.