Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Version R21.16

Hello, I have been using Quicken for 12 years, but am new to the forum. This past Wednesday morning, when I opened Quicken, it prompted me to install the latest update. I accepted, and the problems began. The balances in the registers of my various accounts are incorrect, and thousands off from the balances shown on the Account List at the left side of the Quicken screen. It will not let me manually add any transactions (I have always preferred manual entry). Many of my reports can't be generated. It is just acting plain wonky. I called Quicken support Wednesday night, and shared my screen for 45 minutes. We tried restoring a backup from the day before; that didn't work. They had me install the Mondo patch. That didn't help. We tried uninstalling Quicken, and doing a full clean of my PC using QClean UI, then re-installing. Same issues again. I pay for the subscription model, and this is the first time I have had any issues with Quicken in years. Incredibly frustrating. The woman I spoke with gave me a case # sand said she would elevate the issue. Is anyone else having issues with this latest update? I am hoping another patch will be forthcoming to fix the issues.
Thank you.

Best Answer

• Mancich
    Mancich Member
    Accepted Answer
    I JUST figured out the problem. I had turned on Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 this week. Once I turned it off, everything now works fine. For some reason, it was messing up my backups. Thanks for your help!

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Are you using OneDrive, Drobox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Mancich
    Mancich Member
    The data file is on my hard drive, in the same folder as before the patch, and I'm not using one of those cloud services.
  • Mancich
    Mancich Member
    I have also tried validate/file repair as well, and this is not working either. Extremely frustrating. And it won't even let me export my transactions. If I could get them into Excel, I would consider abandoning Quicken forever
  • Greg_the_Geek
    You could try reverting to a previous release of Quicken.
  • Mancich
    Mancich Member
    I'd be fine reverting to an earlier version, since i ONLY do manual entry. Is there a way to download an earlier version from Quicken's website? And will it open my existing data file that was created in 2019 version?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Did you know what your previous release was?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I reverted to a previous release by installing the Mondo patch for that release. You can download Mondo patches from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html.

If that doesn't work, use QCleanUI to remove Quicken, reinstall from the download when you disconnected from the Internet (so Quicken won't update itself) and then install the Mondo patch for whichever release you want to try.
  • Mancich
    Mancich Member
    Accepted Answer
    I JUST figured out the problem. I had turned on Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 this week. Once I turned it off, everything now works fine. For some reason, it was messing up my backups. Thanks for your help!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without completely turning off Ransomware protection:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access
This discussion has been closed.