Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Can’t add Chase accounts using direct connect (Q Mac)

Chuck Sumpter
Chuck Sumpter Member ✭✭
Hello,

I’ve been using web connect for my Chase accounts and would like to switch to direct connect. When I attempt to do so, it takes my through the process and then tells me I must allow access to Quicken via my Chase account which I’ve already done. When I attempt to continue, I get a message suggesting that Quicken cannot access my account using direct connect at this time. Anyone else found a solution to this?

Thanks,
Chuck

Comments

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you logged into your Chase account Secured Message to answer to complete Quicken access?

Quicken Windows Deluxe (Subscription)
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2

• Chuck Sumpter
    Chuck Sumpter Member ✭✭
    > @jl747 said:
    > Have you logged into your Chase account Secured Message to answer to complete Quicken access?See https://www.quicken.com/support/adding-chase-accounts-quicken

Yes, I have done this multiple time and even called Chase to confirm this...
  • jl747
    Please detail everything you do when trying to activate Direct Connect. Such as, deactivating account to confirming the Secured Message within Chase web site. Maybe there is something you missed. Also include what if any error messages or codes. Maybe someone with a MAC will chime in if there is anything different you need to do.
    Quicken Windows Deluxe (Subscription)
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2

• jl747
  • Chuck Sumpter
    Chuck Sumpter Member ✭✭
    I tried the advise in the above link and deactivated my Chase accounts and tried to reactivate using direct connect and am having the same issue...
  • Scott8
    Scott8 Member ✭✭
    I am having the exact same issue and no one at Quicken nor Chase can help me. Chase says it's not them (and I believe them since I started a new account and it went through fine). This is a Quicken software issue for sure.
  • Chuck Sumpter
    Chuck Sumpter Member ✭✭
    > @Scott said:
    > I am having the exact same issue and no one at Quicken nor Chase can help me. Chase says it's not them (and I believe them since I started a new account and it went through fine). This is a Quicken software issue for sure.

Thanks for confirming this issue. I spent and hour and forty five minutes today with Quicken tech support and even 3-wayed Chase onto the call. They had me try every conceivable combination with no success. I even tried adding a Chase account from my parents bank account and it also failed. It’s so frustrating to spend so much time on something that should literally take two minutes to accomplish...
This discussion has been closed.