Error code CC-589?

Anybody know what this error code means? CC-589 not listed in any Quicken Help pages. I keep getting this error code from TD bank credit card, when I try to download. Anybody know when this will be resolved?

Answers

• Quicken NatalieQuicken Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello Tom D,

I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties connecting to your TD Bank credit card account in Quicken.

Please reference https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7803899/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet#latest to add information to your post so that other Community members are better able to help.

A CC-589 error message indicates that the connection redirect is "in a loop". I apologize that I do not have more details or a troubleshooting process for you to follow in regards to this specific error.

I would suggest contacting Support, as they have the tools and resources available to better troubleshoot this issue with you. Support is also able to utilize our internal escalation process when necessary so that it can be investigated even further. 

Contact info for Support can be found here: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie
    -Quicken Natalie 

• Rob TaftRob Taft Member ✭✭
    I get the same thing, it started when they updated their website. Importing the QFX does not work either, that spits out a OL-221-A and OL-221-B error. I'm kind of getting tired of dealing with the Quicken vs TD issues that have been going on the past 9 months. At least before I could edit the QFX to get around the issues, but idk how to resolve these.
  • RDChinRDChin Member ✭✭
    I got the same issue (cc-589) and then found this thread. I chatted with support and they said they need to escalate it with the bank after the labor day holiday. My chat ticket with Quicken Support is 7005960.
  • RDChinRDChin Member ✭✭
    Also, the chat agent had me try disconnecting and reconnecting online services (which failed), and then attempting to set up the connection using "advanced setup" (which also failed). I got the same error message in each case: "The financial institution you are trying to add, is not supported yet."

Total guess, but could this error be due to my account at TD Bank Credit Card having two-factor authentication turned on?
  • RDChinRDChin Member ✭✭
    Lastly, I'm using the subscription for Windows, and I'm connected to the internet via Verizon Fios from my home network. (No vpn.) All of my other accounts at other institutions download transactions just fine so i don't think the problem is with my internet connection.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @RDChin ,

The problem is not with the Banks, but with the Quicken software, where it affects more than one Bank. Just need to wait until Tuesday, after Labor Day Holiday.

However, you can help Quicken out, by launching Report a Problem from the Summary Window, of One Step Update, showing the Problems and sending in the logs, Don't forget to Identify yourself.
  • Tom DTom D Member ✭✭
    Thank you everyone who responded. Problem Still NOT fixed, but I spent an hour with Q Support and they tried to have me rebuild my Data File. Didn't work, and after an hour they wanted to try other things, but I ran out of time. I may call back. Today 4 accounts not syncing. This is getting tiresome, I wish there was an alternative to Q.
  • RDChinRDChin Member ✭✭
    @thecreator -- thanks, I never realized that "Report a Problem" link was there. Problem report sent.