HSN Transition to Synchrony

Home Shopping Network has transitioned their credit card provider from Comenity to Synchrony. Is this being addressed by Quicken?

Comments

• jr7107jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Has the migration completed yet?

Synchrony offers QFX downloads from the Activity page of their site at least for MySynchrony.
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • Greg BrownGreg Brown Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    [removed - violation of community guidelines]
    I am still unable to download transactions from HSN since their transition from Comenity to Synchrony in August.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Greg Brown

I'm sorry to hear that you are still unable to download transactions from HSN and thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community.

Typically if a url or website layout change is made by the Financial Institution, the change is reported by the Financial Institution to their Account Manager at our Service Providers to coordinate the necessary changes and updates needed on Quicken's side to recognize the new url or website layout.

I wasn't able to locate an open ticket with our Service Providers regarding any "in-progress" changes for the HSN card, which could indicate that the changes have not yet been reported and/or have already been completed. 

May I ask, when attempting to download transactions, do you receive an error message or code? If not, does the update complete but no new transactions download?

Please let us know what happens when updating, thank you.

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,
    I am having to manually download from the site "hsn.syf.com". When I try to add the HSN charge card on, after the conversion I get an error ("Sorry we encountered an error, it's not your fault") I think because it is still looking at the old website,"www.hsn.com". I can't reset, it keeps asking me for the "Synchrony Banks Password", that doesn't work either.
    It's not showing up in the logs because it is no longer an online(EWC) account on my system.

Greg
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Greg,

Thank you for that additional information.  I apologize, I have a quick question for you.

What release version is your Quicken software installed to?  If you aren't sure, this information can be found in the Help > About Quicken menu.

If you are not on the latest R21.17 release, please download and install the Mondo Patch available here.

Once updated to the latest release, please try to add the HSN account once again through the Tools > Add Account option.

Does the same error message persist? 

Thank you,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,
    I am using QH&B 2017 R19.7 which is the latest release for 2017.

Thanks,
    Greg
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Hello Greg,

Thank you for providing the release, although I am sorry you haven't received an answer.

If Quicken is displaying an incorrect Homepage URL, the financial institution will need to report this URL change to the Quicken financial services provider through their account manager.

This is the only method, as the financial institution can confirm that the URL in Quicken is truly incorrect and not just experiencing temporary difficulties. 

Quicken Uses Incorrect URL for Online Banking

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
    Here is the text of the letter/notification I received from HSN/Synchrony in July:

This letter contains important information regarding changes to your HSN Card account with Comenity Capital
    Bank.
    On August 23, 2019 your HSN Card account will be acquired by Synchrony Bank.
    How it affects you.
    After the transition from Comenity Capital Bank, cardholders will receive billing statements and a new HSN
    Card with a new account number from Synchrony Bank in September or October. If your account is in good
    standing you may continue to use your current card until you receive your new card in the mail.
    Next steps for you to take.
    If you have a balance, continue to make payments as you normally would. However, please make sure you log
    in and download any of your Comenity Capital Bank statements for your records prior to August 22, 2019. You
    will no longer have access to Account Center starting August 23, 2019 and any payments made to Comenity
    Capital Bank after August 22, 2019 will not be processed.
    You will need to sign up for online account management with Synchrony Bank on or after August 26, 2019 at
    hsn.syf.com in order to make online payments. If you have any questions prior to receiving your billing
    statement, please call your current Customer Care phone number, 1-888-724-6649, and you will be routed to
    Synchrony Bank.
    in the meantime, please visit comenity.net/hsn or search "HSN Card FAQ" at HSN.comfor the most up to date
    information.
    We appreciate you being a valued HSN VIP!
    Sincerely,
    Customer Care Team
    Is anything being done about this? It's still an issue/
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Greg Brown ,

Look in my Signature and click to Vote and the thread loads.

A Customer, should not need to call Banks, where more than one Quicken Customer has the same problem. Quicken should initiate the Call to the Bank(s).
    Hello @thecreator,
    I wholeheartedly agree.
This discussion has been closed.