Never able to Sync Mobile App

Hi,

I use Quicken since more than 5 years. I liked it but the newer the versions, the more bugs the software have.

Before upgrading to the last version of the app, I had the following error message = "You haven't added any accounts to Quicken" and now, since the new mobile app (update on Android), I still can't. I have this new message = "Enable your finances for Quicken mobile access". Even my sync was successfull (message on Window App).

I called support 4 times and no ones was able to help me. I reset my could data few times, signed in-and-out, etc. Even tried to find error in my file. Everything is perfect.

What is the problem...

Any help is more than welcome

I use Quicken H&B 2017 R19.7 + Android App (v 5.15.0)

Comments

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @martincour

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

I took the liberty of reviewing your account information in our internal support system and was able to see one active cloud account associated with your Quicken ID, with one account selected to sync.

May I ask, after logging into the Mobile App - do you see a list of different file names?

Or does the App immediately load a synced data file?

If a list appears, which file name are you selecting to open in the App?  

If no list appears, please open the Quicken desktop software and go to the Edit menu > Preferences > Cloud Accounts option.

On the right side of the Preferences > Cloud Accounts window, hold down the Ctrl + Shift keys and click on "Edit Cloud Account Name" button.  A window should open that lists the account name, file name and Dataset Id - what are the last 4 digits of the shown Dataset Id?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • martincourmartincour Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the answer @QuickenSarah !

I looked my Cloud account and after the tests I did, I had 2 account. I deleted one of them. Si, right now, I have only one. The name of it is "Martin's Quicken Data". The last 4 digits of the Dataset IdDataset Id are 7105. May I ask what these digits means ? Do you think it will solve my issue ?

Kind regards,
    Hello @martincour

Thank you for that additional information. 

The Dataset ID is an internal number that is assigned to each Cloud Account that is created in Quicken and helps us identify in the server data which file is being synced to which cloud account.

May I ask, are the accounts selected for syncing to the Quicken Cloud in a currency other than US Dollar?

If so, I apologize, but at this time foreign currency accounts are unable to be synced to view or manage in the companion Mobile and Web Apps.

If the accounts are in USD currency, please let me know.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Thanks again for your quick answer @QuickenSarah,

The accounts are in USD currency. I've enable multi-currency (preference menu) and looked where the green checkmark was. It was on US Dollar. After that I disable multi-currency support. As it was.

:(
    Hi @martincour

Thank you for confirming the currency.  With that information, I can see internally that the referenced Dataset ID (or cloud account) does show 4 accounts selected for syncing so I'd like to look into this further and review the information that is being transmitted during the sync.

Please go to the Mobile & Alerts tab in Quicken and select "Sync Now".  Once the sync completes, then go to the Help menu > Report a Problem option.

In the Report a Problem window that opens, enter "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line, mark the boxes for the following log files and when ready click Send to Quicken.

Log Files to Select:
    ConnLog.txt
    ConnOLD.txt (if listed)
    SyncLog.txt
    QCSLog.txt (if listed)

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can find the report in the system.

Thanks again,

Sarah
    Hi @QuickenSarah,

I really do hope you had a great weekend ! B) I just want to let you know that I've sync my Quicken file exactly as you told me to do. So you can find the report in your system.

Let me know if I can do anything or if there is a problem. I'll be waiting.

Regards,
    Hi @QuickenSarah,

Did you find out what is happening with my file ? Did you find where the bugs come from ?

Can you do a follow-up with me ?

Thanks !
    Hi @martincour

Thank you for submitting the requested information, I did receive the report and have performed a deep dive review of the logs and synced data, although I apologize for the delay in following up.

I was able to confirm that the account names and balances are syncing and appear in the Synclog.txt file that was uploaded.  However since you are not seeing that information in the App and have performed multiple resets of the data, at this point I would recommend completely deleting the current cloud account.

Steps to delete the cloud account are available here, be sure to sign out of the Mobile App either before or after deleting the cloud account.

Once the cloud account has been deleted, please go back to the original data file and create a "cash" account, when prompted enter today's date and $0.00 for the balance.

With the cash account created, please then go the Mobile & Alerts tab - there should be a blue "Get Started" button.  Select Get Started and select only the newly created cash account to sync.

Once the sync completes, please log into the Mobile App and verify that the account appears. 

If so, return to the desktop software and add one of your accounts for syncing, verifying the account information appears in the Mobile App and repeat these steps until all accounts have been re-selected for sync.

Please let me know how it goes, if the cash or any of the accounts still do not appear in the Mobile App or if you receive an error at any point.

Thanks again,

Sarah
    Hi @QuickenSarah,

thanks for your replie. So I tried every step above and here is what's happening :

When I only sync the new cash account, I see it in my app. As soon as I add any of the other original account that was in my file, I can't use the app anymore. After the refresh, the new account synced on my computer doesn't appear at all. :angry:

When I log out from the app, I can't relog in. If I deleted one of the original account sync (added) to the app, I can relog in the app.

Conclusion : there is a problem with the accounts I have in my original Quicken file. Can I copy-paste 5 years transactions to another accounts ? What can be done ? Where the issues come from ?

Thanks for the follow-up...