Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I reconcile my Quicken to my bank account when my Quicken has the wrong beginning balance???

Question 2. I am trying to reconcile my Quicken to my bank account. Last month I talked to Chat, because the beginning banance on my Quicken reconcile window was not the same as the balance number on my bank account. The chat person corrected that problem, and promised that it would not happen again. But this month it did happen again. There is a difference between Quicken's beginning balance and my bank's. And, only one entry is on the reconcile page...no deposits and only one withdrawal, This is a real mess. How do I get the help I need to fix it???

Comments

• Juds
    Juds Member ✭✭
    I cannot even find a button to send my question to the chat person. The window is half lit, and communication is impossible.
    Question 2. I am trying to reconcile my Quicken to my bank account. Last month I talked to Chat, because the number on my Quicken reconcile window was not the same as the number on my bank account. The chat person corrected that problem, and promised that it would not happen again. But this month there is also a difference between Quicken's beginning balance and my bank's. And, only one entry is on the reconcile page...no deposits and only one withdrawal, This is a real mess. How do I get the help I need to fix it???
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prior balance of a reconcile is calculated using the transactions in the register marked as Reconciled (R).  If the reconciled balance has changed, the implication is at least one reconciled transaction has been added, edited, or removed.  To determine what has changed, I suggest comparing the running balance of the register with the running balance of the register from a data file backup saved when the account was last successfully reconciled.  I find the easiest way to do this is to print the registers to a text file and use a text file comparison tool to identify the differences.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Chat appears to be working just fine.  The Enter key is used to send the message.  Perhaps your issue is browser specific.  You may need to allow pop-ups.
This discussion has been closed.