Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken hangs with window titled "Service provider change OK right away" acct reset

Trying to reset online access to my citi card I get a window that pops up (see attached). Clicking on the OK button, or X in the upper right corner doesn't close the window and the reset account window just spins. The only way to exit quicken is by using the task manager to end the process. I'd like to just report the bug to Intuit but I didn't find an e-mail option for their support staff.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought we had gotten rid of that problem about 2 years ago.
    What version of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken to get this information.
    Do make sure that your version of Quicken is updated to the latest available patch release level.

Quicken US version:

- 2016 ... Release R 19.3, support discontinued 4/30/2019, https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-discontinuation-policy
    - 2017 ... Release R 19.5 *, https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch
    - 2018 ... users with an active subscription were upgraded to 2019 when installing the R 14.23 patch released 10/8/2018 or any later patch
    - 2019 ... Release R 21.16 *, https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Quicken Canada version:

- 2016 ... Release R 7.2, support discontinued 5/31/2019, https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-discontinuation-policy
    - 2017 ... all users with an active subscription should have been upgraded to 2018 already
    - 2018 ... upgraded to 2019 when installing the R 15.24 patch or any later patch
    - 2019 ... Release R 16.22 *, https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

( * minimum required release number, may be higher, subject to change without notice)

Please do this even if you are on the latest release already:
    Locate the US or Canada Mondo Patch file applicable to your version of Quicken in the links above.
    Download it and save it to disk.
    Open the Downloads folder. Right-click the downloaded patch file. Click "Run as Administrator" to execute the installation program.
    This will replace any Quicken software modules with a known consistent release level and, hopefully, eliminate any software corruption or errors during installation as a cause of this issue.

Reboot Windows when done with the above and try Quicken again.

Old Quicken Patch downloads 2000+

When running an old, unsupported Quicken version you may no longer be able to download bug fixes (patch files) directly from Quicken.
    However, until further notice they are still available here:
    US version: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html
    Canadian version: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatchescanadian.html
    If clicking on Help / About Quicken does not show the highest Release number available for your version (year), as shown on this webpage, download and install the appropriate file(s) from the link above.

• Melman1
    Melman1 Member ✭✭
    I am having this problem too. I thought it was related to CIti (I followed the instructions about going to Citi.com and granting third-party app access a couple days ago) but even if I uncheck Citi in my One Step Update, I still get the "Service provider OK change right away" window that doesn't go away (I found an old post that said it would go away in a few minutes time, but it never does). I have to kill Quicken from Task Manager.

Quicken 2017 Deluxe, Version R19.7, Build 26.1.19.7, Windows 7.
  • Melman1
    Melman1 Member ✭✭
    I have two Citi credit card accounts. I followed the directions (well, I think I did, they really don't make sense), I went to citi.com/datamanagement and clicked "Add Access" (even though Quicken WIndows 2017 was already listed from 2 days ago), then I went back to Quicken and for both accounts, I did Edit Account and did Online Services - Deactivate, then Set Up Now... which linked my Quicken account to the data coming in from Citi. Quicken said it downloaded transactions for the last 7194 (!) days. All for nothing, One Step Update still throws the "Service provider change OK right away" window.

Here is the message that has been coming up since late last week: "Important message from Citi Cards - Citi recently updated its online banking experience. Beginning on 8/24, you may need to relink your Citi account to Quicken. You can complete this process if you refresh [what does "refresh" mean?] your Citi account data then visit https://citi.com/datamanagement to complete your secure connection. As a reminder you may link only one data file from your Citi account at a time. [What does that mean? One "Quicken data file" or one "Quicken Citi account"?] If you would like to add multiple data files, you must repeat the linking process on Citi's website."
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    your Q 2017 was recently updated to R 19.7, wasn't it?
    If so, first please reboot your computer and try Quicken again.

If that doesn't do it, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it. Be sure to mention your Quicken version and release to the support person.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018/2019 Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• Melman1
    Melman1 Member ✭✭
    It would appear that Citi and/or Quicken are still working out the kinks of this. Today, Quicken doesn't hang - but I get OL-295-A "Your transaction was rejected because your financial institution's server is not accepting requests at this time. Try again later, or contact your financial institution for more information. "
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken is displaying a window popup that does not clear regardless of selecting OK or Cancel.

What is this?

Quicken Deluxe Subscription; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    End result Is I can't download in Quicken.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I was able to download individual accounts instead of using One Step.  The culprit is Citicard.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @leishirsute ,

Also you are on an old Release of Quicken. The latest is 19.7.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21359.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.928

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the latest release.  I just didn't update my profile info.  Thanks for reminding.
    It turns out I had to individually download transactions from all my accounts before that popup disappeared.  What a strange popup from Quicken and it locked Quicken out.
  • I too have this problem. None of the "instructions" that pop up in these dialog boxes are clear, the link in the messages in broken (no one at quicken ever tried to click on it). You have to manually type "https://citi.com/datamanagement" into your browser. So I logged into Citi's page entered my password and get a countdown that says I have 10 minutes to have my quicken software somehow authenticate. From quicken's unclear and confusing instructions, I assume it is to reset my account. I do so and it triggers this "Service provider OK right away" dialog box which cannot be dismissed and the controls do nothing.

The only way to gt rid of the "Service provider change OK right away" (what does that even mean?) dialog box is to kill quicken in the task manager.

What is even more bizarre is that 2 of my 3 citi accounts needed to do this. One of them seemed to work fine.
  • Melman1
    Melman1 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    (removed - violation of community guidelines)

We're back to the (removed) "Service provider change OK right away" window (with "OK" and "Print" buttons that do absolutely nothing) again. Whether I select my Citi accounts in One Step Update or not. This is just insane. I have no idea what else I can do. The directions talk about needing to "relink" or "refresh" the Citi account in Quicken, which are not proper Quicken activities at all. I've done everything I know how to do. Something fundamental is screwed up. And as usual, no one from Quicken reads these forums so posting here is accomplishing nothing.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to manually type "https://citi.com/datamanagement" into your browser. So I logged into Citi's page entered my password and get a countdown that says I have 10 minutes to have my quicken software somehow authenticate. From quicken's unclear and confusing instructions, I assume it is to reset my account. I do so and it triggers this "Service provider OK right away" dialog box which cannot be dismissed and the controls do nothing.
    What it means is that you have to log into that Citi page and then update your Citi account through Quicken within 10 minutes so they know it's you. You can do One Step Update if you have extra time, or just go to the account in Quicken and Update Now (Ctrl-Alt-U).
    Citi is trying to link your account to your Quicken data file. You have to do this for each different user who has a Citi account in the Quicken file and repeat if you have multiple Quicken files.
    The "service provider OK" thing was reportedly fixed long ago. Make sure you're up to date with the latest patch for your version of Quicken.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Geobrick
    Geobrick Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    > @Rocket J Squirrel said:
    > (Quote)
    > The "service provider OK" thing was reportedly fixed long ago. Make sure you're up to date with the latest patch for your version of Quicken.

Rocket, I'm having the problem. It just started 3 days ago and I'm on the latest version (Q2017 H&B R19.7 build 26.1.19.7). It appears that whatever was 'reportedly fixed long ago' is back again. I did attempt to update the account within minutes of logging into my citi account. It didn't help. This error still appears: "Citirecently updated its online banking experience. Beginning on 8/24, you may need to relink your Citi account to Quicken. You can complete this process if you refresh your Citi account data then visit https://citi.com/datamanagement to complete your secure connection. As a reminder, you may only link one data file from your Citi account at a time. If you would like to add multiple data files, you must repeat the linking process on Citi’s website."

I typed the url into my browser, logged in then tried to reset the account. The empty "Service provider change OK right away" window appears and there's no way out of quicken except to kill it with the task manager.

Instead of a reset, I would have also attempted deactivating online account then reactivated it to 'relink' the account but I don't want the thousands of days of transactions that melman described above. I'm just going to wait until people start reporting it's fixed.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. You do not want to deactivate/reactivate or reset the account. All Citi wants you to do is update the account, as in download transactions as One Step Update and Update Now do.
    If the "service provider OK" thing has reappeared, that is a huge mistake by Quicken programmers. What we call a "reversion" as in some old buggy code has been mistakenly reintroduced. But try the Citi linking procedure and simply update the account, whether the account needs updating or not.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Melman1
    Melman1 Member ✭✭
    I just reactivated online services on my two Citi credit card accounts. First I did OSU #1 with the accounts still deactivated. Then activated the accounts - Quicken connected to Citi, found both accounts and asked which Quicken accounts were to be linked to which Citi account. No problem there. In each Quicken account, I did Update Now - I got the window with the message about needing to connect to citi.com/datamanagement - which is currently NOT WORKING, it just goes to my Citi account list instead of the page which counts down from 10 minutes. I can't tell if Quicken updated its Citi accounts or not - there were no transactions to pull in, and it shows the results of the previous OSU in which the Citi accounts aren't listed.

Another OSU #2 brings up the citi.com/datamanagement message window twice, then starts downloading the accounts. Followed by the citi.com/datamanagment message a third time - hey, why not. Then it gives the results, which show the Citi accounts as updated. citi.com/datamanagement still does nothing, it only goes to my account list.

Quit Quicken, start it again, do OSU #3. Same results as OSU #2.

Will it work again tomorrow? Stay tuned.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    The datamangement link works for me. I just tried it. You can't blame Quicken if, for some reason, your Citi server is failing to serve up the correct page. Why do you insist on continuing to deactivate & reactivate? That is unnecessary and may be messing with your connection.

• Melman1
    Melman1 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I deactivated because it was the only successful way to make the "Service provider change OK right away" window, stop appearing. The message window asked me to "reset" or "refresh" my connection of my Quicken account and/or data file, to Citi. Having no idea what that really meant, because those are not legitimate Quicken terms, breaking the connection (Quicken "deactivate") seemed appropriate to try.

I hope you get how confusing the supplied directions are.

After citi.com/datamanagement was only bringing up my account list, I logged out of Citi. Then went to citi.com/datamanagement again, and was prompted to log in. Now I get the "10 minute warning". OSU #4 works just like OSU #2 and #3 did.

(removed rant/off-topic)
  • Geobrick
    Geobrick Member ✭✭
    I got it to work today.

I think the problem was that when I first attempted to log into "citi.com/datamanagement" a few days ago, it didn't show me anything except an empty list showing no third party apps had access. There was nothing indicating a method to add a third party app.

When I logged on to "citi.com/datamanagement" today, it displayed a countdown clock with instructions to log in using the 3rd party app within 10 minutes to allow it access to the account. I did an "update now" on the account and the latest transactions where downloaded. Later I was able to see Quicken 2017 on the list of approved 3rd party apps.
  • Jim23
    Jim23 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I have the same problems. "Service Provider..." pop up window, and I'm only able to get out of it by using task manager to end Quicken.

Also, I have the Citi problems, although I was able to download transactions about a week ago (3 months worth, meaning a lot of duplicates I had to manually deal with), then it failed again, then I was able to download again a few days later (again 3 months worth of downloads and more wasted time).

Today I can't download anything because of the Service Provider pop up window. Quicken is broken, more than ever before for me. I'm going to leave for a week, come back and see if these issues are fixed, and if not, move on to another product after over 20 years.

This isn't the first issue obviously; it might be the last.
  • cranky_user
    cranky_user Member ✭✭✭
    I'm also seeing this problem.  I had already gone thru the steps that required visiting "citi.com/datamanagement" and verified that Quicken 2017 showed up there.

I was able to get around it somehow.  I think what I did was go to the OSU Summary first at which point I got the dialog again but it was no longer just an empty textbox.  Then I could click OK and it went away.  Thereafter I was able to do OSU.  I also checked the option to not show the dialog again so we'll see if that helps.
    Quicken Windows 2017 R19.7.  Quicken user since 1999
  • JohnDuPont
    JohnDuPont Member
    edited September 2019
    I have the same problem. I have for a week now. Nothing above fixes the issue. verified that I've done the correct steps on the Citi site.

I got it to work for about 2 hours by installing the 'mondo' fix, rebooting the computer, manually updating each bank one by one, rebooting the computer again, then doing OSU.

I'm not going to do that every day.

[removed - rant/off-topic/inaccurate]
This discussion has been closed.