Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

What is the progress on the "Not Your Fault" problem?

It's now been several weeks since I have been able to download AllyBank or PayPal. I attempted to deactivate then reactivate the accounts, and now get the "Not your fault" problem. Kathryn posted an update last *FIVE* days ago -- What's the Update please!?!?? CONNLOG.txt shows a SOAP error:
20190828 10:15:38: Error 32 fault: SOAP-ENV:VersionMismatch [no subcode]
"SOAP version mismatch or invalid SOAP message"
Detail: [no detail]

Kathryn, Please give us an update? This gets to be a security issue, where I can no longer rely on Quicken to monitor my accounts. Please keep us informed. Thanks.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• jtobia846
    jtobia846 Windows Beta Beta
    since updating to R21.16, I can not update my online bills or accounts
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you getting any error messages?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • jtobia846
    no, on the bills and income tab it says

" Attention! Important upgrade required for online bills" then it says to click the Start Upgrade button. When I click on the button nothing happens. I loaded Quicken to my laptop as well and the same thing happened there
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I would contact support directly for help with this issue.

Support can be found at the link below:

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

There appears to be an error in the online bill center, Quicken Care will be able to access the bill center and resolve this message.

• jtobia846
    If I do a general update for all accounts, they all come up with an error. There it says CC 898
  • jtobia846
    Thanks, Ill follow the thread
  • techrep50
    techrep50 Member
    it sounds like they changed some code in the last update that royally messed up the online connections. For now, you and I are dead in the water as far as online updates go. I have been using quicken for over 20 years and have never had an issue like this. I hope they get it fixed soon... they should roll the update back to fix it until they can figure out what they did to mess up the program so much... 90 percent of my accounts are affected by this mess.
  • D-Two
    D-Two Member ✭✭
    27 years here, back when it was DOS based.

If they can't roll back the changes, at least post some info to manually downgrade to a version from a month ago... ANYTHING but silence.
  • robertjens2
    robertjens2 Member ✭✭
    Stubborn "We've encountered an error (I'ts not you fault) error after running the Super Validate. Only bank accounts are affected after deactivating (never the Fidelity accounts) and activating in any manner seems impossible. Prior to this, Quicken was uninstalled and reinstalled. Again clean-uninstalled, reinstalled, but there seems to always be a root file that cannot be found easily to eradicate somewhere on the hard drive. When installing Quicken on another PC that never had Quicken, starting from scratch, everything worked! Bringing a file from that PC back to the original PC, it also worked, but for a few days. Seems that once a PC is infected it is nearly impossible to get rid of the "It's not you fault error that is going stronger than ever on this community forum website, even after updating to R21.17 (a fix to this notorious not-your-fault error), then to R21.16, and again R21.16, all from the desktop Quicken app. No hidden accounts were used and always updated to the latest version. A Mondo patch run also generates a file malformation error. Suggestions?
  • System
    System Member ✭✭✭✭
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Corrupt file?.
  • Bob99
    Bob99 Member ✭✭
    This thread was closed by Quicken stating it was solved. I downloaded and installed the MONDO file which did not fix the problem and no update issue to fix it. Spoke with my bank who confirmed the issue is not fixed. As the subscription version of Quicken Premier is cloud based, this has to be a Quicken issue. I cannot pay bills via Quicken and my bank because it defaults to Web Express which is not support by most banks. Cannot get direct connect to install.

What is going on?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    First, Quicken Subscription is NOT cloud based. It's still a desktop software product.

Second, what is the name of the bank?
  • Bob99
    Bob99 Member ✭✭
    I stand corrected you are correct.....but it still does not work with my bank, UMB
  • Greg_the_Geek
    UMB does support Direct Connect. Do they charge for it? What happens when you try to activate Online Services and use Advanced Setup to specify Direct Connect?
  • Bob99
    Bob99 Member ✭✭
    In the ACCOUNTS tools listed I tried deactivating the account and then setting it up activate the Direct Connect option. It tells me it was successful but I still do not get a SEND PAYMENT option when trying to pay a bill. If I go back to accounts. It still shows Web Express. If I try setting up a new checking account and linking it to my old checking it also says success but no change occurred
  • Greg_the_Geek
    What happens if you just create a new checking account? Bill Pay needs to be activated separately from downloads.
  • Bob99
    Bob99 Member ✭✭
    I did as noted above. And linked to original and no luck
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Maybe it's time to contact Quicken Customer Support.
  • Bob99
    Bob99 Member ✭✭
    I have. Went the chat route and after ;making me do everything over, upload Comm and Q logs, they simply disconnected when I told them it was still not working
  • Greg_the_Geek
    edited September 2019
    On last idea. Have you tried creating a new Quicken data file and adding you UMB account?
  • Bob99
    Bob99 Member ✭✭
    no.....I am kind of tired of this......I will wait until my bank tells me it is working..thank, though
  • This issue has been in discussion and is now closed. I want to open it until a solution is found. It's still a problem even after installing the Mondo Patch. I get the above error along with "Quicken is having trouble connecting to Citi-Cards" When will this be fixed?
  • I downloaded the fix for this problem, but I still get the same error. The update shows receiving, but then I receive the same 501 errors. What did I do wrong that it didn't work? I am now running version r21.17, build 21.1.21.17.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you review: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-501
This discussion has been closed.