How do I rename my community username? Or delete my account?

In edit profile, the username can't be edited. I don't see a delete function, either.

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are changes only a moderator may initiate.  State what you want done and a SuperUser will flag a moderator for your request.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • QW26QW26 Member
    Thanks, Sherlock!

Yes, I'd like to rename my account. I can't remember the last time I goofed and put my real name when posting somewhere.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Sherlock!

Yes, I'd like to rename my account. I can't remember the last time I goofed and put my real name when posting somewhere.
    And the name you want to use is???
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • QW26QW26 Member
    Thanks, Sherlock.

This method of changing user IDs is a little bit whacky/mad. So I have to publicly post my new ID that will be publicly linked to my old ID in the record of postings?

I'll do it but this should all be done out of public view. Like Discus and numerous other forums, users can change their own user IDs without assistance and without publicly stating in the historical record of postings.

This is only forum I've ever used since the web-based forums started in the 1990s that operates this way. Lame.

new user ID: QW26
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @QW26

Thank you for the response and providing what Username you would prefer to use.

I have updated your profile on your behalf and the newly assigned Username is now visible on all previously made and any new comments or posts yet to be created.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.