Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Have R21.16 Quicken keeps freezing when I deactivate a bank account.

Having trouble with Quicken retrieving bank info and am trying to re-activate the accounts but no matter what the bank is, Quicken freezes shortly after I click on deactivate. It just shows the whirling circle and clicking anywhere produces an alert sound. I then have to use End Task to be able to use Quicken again.

Comments

• Simone Lambert
    Simone Lambert Member ✭✭
    Also getting freezing when doing update and it gets to Cloud
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Simone Lambert
    Simone Lambert Member ✭✭
    I think I solved the freeze up so far. I unchecked all accounts to be synced and then did a reset of cloud. Then deactivated all the bank accounts I was having trouble with. So far so good. Now to reactivate!!!
  • Simone Lambert
    Simone Lambert Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your reply. Didn't see your reply but did solve the freezing but I'm still getting "not your fault" when trying to reactivate my accounts thru Quicken. Am having to do directly from the banks and Quicken does prompt me to be able to link. Do you know if it's me or Quicken in general still having issues of directly activating from Quicken to a bank account?